588,507 active members*
4,860 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: XZero CNC

Page 43 of 226 3341424344455393143

Talking Rail support

Quote Originally Posted by gio666 View Post
    the backing plate don't need to be machined?? do you mean fly cut ?? it would be a waste of time and money to fly cut the backing plate and not fly cut that rail support and the top of the support where the rails sit on , when i get the backing plate back , i will being it into NSK and i will see what the problem is with it , if you want to go to that level,Now i need to have it checked to post the problem,so when i have plate and rails here ,i will send you the replacement one 5 mins after
    I don't know if this will work for you but it did for me. When i checked my back plate after receiving my router, I placed it on a flat surface and found it was also bowed a fair bit. I loosened the rail support bolts (all of them) and clamped the back-plate to a flat surface. I then tightened the bolts from the centre out and when i undone the clamps the back-plate was completely straight. I couldn't find any deviation when I checked it with a dial indicator. I have the square Hiwin rails but the process may be all you need to straighten yours. Just a thought.

The Hiwin rails are sitting in a machined pocket,The bottom of the Hiwin rails are machine from them ,so the backing plates are machined flat where the rails sit
    XZero cnc

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker5 View Post
    I don't know if this will work for you but it did for me. When i checked my back plate after receiving my router, I placed it on a flat surface and found it was also bowed a fair bit. I loosened the rail support bolts (all of them) and clamped the back-plate to a flat surface. I then tightened the bolts from the centre out and when i undone the clamps the back-plate was completely straight. I couldn't find any deviation when I checked it with a dial indicator. I have the square Hiwin rails but the process may be all you need to straighten yours. Just a thought.
    theres a problem with that methods. when you buy aluminium extruded bar its bowed and twisted by nature. its put in a vise, then the slots for the rails are milled, which are flat and parallel to each other and square to the ends, but not necessarlity the rest of the plate.

then the rails bolt in, which are also reasonably flat (1 or 2 thou per foot deviation is the spec if i recall). the ends of the plate and the rails register to the uptright when it goes together.

so, the BACK of the plate is a non reference surface and is highly likely to be all over the place. so if youve clamped the back flat then bolted the square rails (which arent as stiff as the supported round ones), you may have actually made you machine worse.

overall though, were only talking a very tiny amount over the span of the router. if it fits together correctly and runs smoothly, your generally good to go and nitpicking the details isnt warranted. unless its bend by some massive amount like 1mm over 36". then theres definitely something bent.

- oh, and please tell me if im confusing you and jaydawg in some of my responses, i sometime mix up your names.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydawg View Post
    This is endlessly frustrating!!!!!!

After talking with George this morning he told me not to send the plate back. Now he wants it? I can't get a straight answer out of this guy!!!

And the more I let other people know about the problem with his service the worse his attitude becomes.
    No that has nothing to do with it, but not going to have someone calling me names on the phone like a PUNK
    XZero cnc

Smile machined flat where the rails sit

Quote Originally Posted by gio666 View Post
    The Hiwin rails are sitting in a machined pocket,The bottom of the Hiwin rails are machine from them ,so the backing plates are machined flat where the rails sit
    I know that george. To test it out your self, try to loosen the bolts apply a weight in the middle while the plate is suspended between to blocks and relighted the bolts. You will see that when you check it out, there will be a noticeable arc in the plate because the bolts will hold the arc in that position. I've see it with my own eyes. (as bad as they are).

That is my point too, if the rails was bent ,it would not fit into the pockets on the uprights, the rail sits 4mm into inch end frame,being if it was bent not from shipping ,but before they are installed,they would no go in, the pockets are tight,and if not perfect straight with install will not go
    XZero cnc

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    theres a problem with that methods. when you buy aluminium extruded bar its bowed and twisted by nature. its put in a vise, then the slots for the rails are milled, which are flat and parallel to each other and square to the ends, but not necessarlity the rest of the plate.

then the rails bolt in, which are also reasonably flat (1 or 2 thou per foot deviation is the spec if i recall). the ends of the plate and the rails register to the uptright when it goes together.

so, the BACK of the plate is a non reference surface and is highly likely to be all over the place. so if youve clamped the back flat then bolted the square rails (which arent as stiff as the supported round ones), you may have actually made you machine worse.

overall though, were only talking a very tiny amount over the span of the router. if it fits together correctly and runs smoothly, your generally good to go and nitpicking the details isnt warranted, unless its bend by some massive amount like 1mm over 36". then theres definitely something bent.

- oh, and please tell me if im confusing you and jaydawg in some of my responses, i sometime mix up your names.
    Try to help someone out and I get a jack a$$ like you trying to insult again. What a jerk

The point being,backing plate has nothing to do with anything,if anything it would be a rail and it support under it
    XZero cnc

Try to help someone out and I get a jack a$$ like you trying to insult again. What a jerk
    uh.. what? im trying to help you, not insult. what was insulting in my comment?

I told Jay this morning i would send him his parts , i also said i have a lot of extra supported bearings i would sent him some just in case he needed them one day as i have 100s of them sitting here and doing nothing with them other then go in garbage soon ,as the housings are all out spec ,but the bearings are ok
    XZero cnc

Exclamation what was insulting in my comment

uh.. what? im trying to help you, not insult. what was insulting in my comment?
    You have no right to link me with anyone else. If you are confusing me with someone who has a bone to pick with George, you need to get our names straight. George and I have smoothed over our differences, and are now on a civilized level. Also you assumed I dial indicated the back of the backing plate. You assumed wrong.

I just spoke with George and he's now telling me to send the plate back and is refusing to cover the shipping cost.

Does anyone else feel that the person who received the faulty part is responsible for return shipping cost?

Unfortunately it looks like George is unwilling to resolve this in a responsible manor.

I just hope anyone else thinking of doing business with George reads this thread and thinks twice.

Wink responsible for return shipping cost

Quote Originally Posted by jaydawg View Post
    I just spoke with George and he's now telling me to send the plate back and is refusing to cover the shipping cost.

Does anyone else feel that the person who received the faulty part is responsible for return shipping cost?

Unfortunately it looks like George is unwilling to resolve this in a responsible manor.
    Unfortunately yes. I have been buying components from all over the world for years and 99% of them will not pay for return shipping.

You have no right to link me with anyone else. If you are confusing me with someone who has a bone to pick with George, you need to get our names straight. George and I have smoothed over our differences, and are now on a civilized level. Also you assumed I dial indicated the back of the backing plate. You assumed wrong.
    haha, ok, that what i thought you meant. sorry, dont mean to associate you two, but that fact it when i try to remeber back to various people from a year ago, i mix you two up cause the names are close (in my head anyway). i meant for you to feel free to correct me if i ever do mix you two by accident.

didnt mean to offend, sorry.

and no, i didnt assume anything, you stated you clamped the back flat, im im saying that this can in fact make the straightness of the rails worse because the back isnt supposed to be flat.

if youd indicated that rails and its improved over when you first got it, then i say youve gotton lucky and i still would recomend people never to do what you suggested. not meant to be insulting again to your assembly skills, just a fact of how these backplates are made which george has been trying to explain the last few posts.

theres another factor too which all this has reminded me of...

you SHOULD loosen and retighten the all the rails when the machine has been in your shop space for a little while. aluminium and steel expand at different rates as we all know, so if georges assembly shop was say 5 degrees warmer or colder than your shop, it might bow the whole assembly. and of course never measure after youve just brought the machine in from a cold delivery van

Talking

[QUOTE=ihavenofish;865624]haha, ok, that what i thought you meant.

Thank you for the clarification. The postings were heated and the tone was set. I was only trying to offer an alternative to the bickering. I thinks its time for my nap

No i said, you are always saying the machine is out ,i would like to get it checked as you are always pointing that out,i still to this would like to see a straight edge on the rail , a full picture from on end to the other,i said i would pay to ship the part to you,i already paid $32 dollars to send you a few bolts i had forgot,so i am not worried about paying the shipping for a part .but you ph me and try punking me off,you think i am going to bend over backwards for you? you are out of your mind
    XZero cnc

Thank you for the clarification. The postings were heated and the tone was set. I was only trying to offer an alternative to the bickering. I thinks its time for my nap
    a nap and some apple pie. thats what i could use

yeah, ive been trying to cut through the bs too, and get jaydawg to just repost good pictures of the issue and a list of what hes owed in parts, cause really all we as the spectator has got today is yelling and no clue what the hecks going on.

as long as he continues to evade any sort of clarification of his issues and justs chooses to repeat the same unconstructive statements over and over, i really dont know what to think of him.

Exclamation clarification of his issues

a nap and some apple pie. thats what i could use

yeah, ive been trying to cut through the bs too, and get jaydawg to just repost good pictures of the issue and a list of what hes owed in parts, cause really all we as the spectator has got today is yelling and no clue what the hecks going on.

as long as he continues to evade any sort of clarification of his issues and justs chooses to repeat the same unconstructive statements over and over, i really dont know what to think of him.
    I don't see any alternative. If he doesn't pay for the shipping back, he's left with a router he can't use. It would be a shame to quit now after waiting so long. The small cost of the shipping will bring tons of fun and hours of pleasure.

I had told him i don't need to have the backing plate sent to me, but he is always pointing out the problem the machine has from design,so i would like to get it brought to a real testing place to make sure what the problem is, so i know where the problem is and not from the design,is that such a problem?
    XZero cnc

Page 43 of 226 3341424344455393143