588,585 active members*
14,663 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 50 of 131 40484950515260100
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2602

rocket jimmy and all

do you have a pc based controller or are they all on the dsp, my new wincnc is sooooo easy and bill can adjust and trouble shoot over the net,

my question is i can get a hand held for it should i and what is the big benifit this pc will be moved away from machine after i am finished with all programing and conected by cable like rocket

hopefully this made since

jim

Quote Originally Posted by Big S View Post
    I would say that the ball screw is more accurate, but the rack and pinion is a more rugged solution. Ball screws can be VERY $$$$ to fix and overhaul. I would be very surprised if someone wore out a R&P before other machine parts need replacing. The Multicam at work Is R&P and it is fine for all the work we do (sign work, aluminium etc)

Shannnon.
    I had a comparison on the accuracy and Excitech machines has for sure the same numbers on the 1312 and for instance the 0609. But how does it work? Is it like the bed on a lathe where you have the grooves along the axis where a simple cogwheel on the Gantry ? In case I guess these need to be cleaned a lot, definitely if they are greased ?

K

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    do you have a pc based controller or are they all on the dsp, my new wincnc is sooooo easy and bill can adjust and trouble shoot over the net,

my question is i can get a hand held for it should i and what is the big benifit this pc will be moved away from machine after i am finished with all programing and conected by cable like rocket

hopefully this made since

jim
    Well, Jim you are knocking the nail directly on the head here.... I have been wondering about the same. I can't see any need of using a PC solution with a expensive SW for controlling the CNC if the DSP setup is working without any problems.
    Is there however limited possibilities for trimming out miss alinements and other issues on a DSP I would consider not buying a DSP and possible buy a GecoDrive and a controller SW. However when I have discussed this in my earlier posts, no one seems to have any feedback, so I have taken for granted that the machines DSP works flawlessly...

Dougie: Did you manage to get processing speeds in you're G code to work, hence not the stock DSP speeds over riding you're G code?

K

cabnet/Kent, although i have not yet turned a cog on our machine our understanding is that you can use either method.
    We built the room near our machine with the intention of being able to do our design and programming work in a dust free area. Maybe Taney was suggesting that you use the type 3 to run the machine via USB cable from your computer. This is the way that we hope to do it.
    Jimmy seems to have a preference to put the USB stick into his DSP controller.

With the gear wheel transmission the teeth are on the bottom of the rails. i will try to get time today to take phots of the rails and i will remove a side cover on the gantry to see if i can get a photo of the gear wheel.

Hey everybody - how about a photofest for post 1,000. It would be an easy post to remember and refer to. I will take photos of every component i can. Does anybody know what the maximum no. of photos is per post?
    Rocket.

cool

i like that idea photos of where we are now
    jim

Quote Originally Posted by Kent_Norway View Post
    I had a comparison on the accuracy and Excitech machines has for sure the same numbers on the 1312 and for instance the 0609. But how does it work? Is it like the bed on a lathe where you have the grooves along the axis where a simple cogwheel on the Gantry ? In case I guess these need to be cleaned a lot, definitely if they are greased ?

K
    Machine accuracy for the exitec will likley be based on claimed resolution provided by the individual manufacturers of the components used.

Not sure that the decision to use rack and pinion was based on cost. I am no expert here so more experienced contributors feel free to correct me however I would have thought that rack and pinion would provide for higher speed and better precision (for a longer travel). To move a ball screw fast (for a given drive motor speed) you would need a coarser thread which may loose your positioning accuracy.

With reasonable dust extraction the racks stay suprisingly clean. There are sheilds on the bed to protect the Y axis and the X axis is protected by the gantry.

I received a email from Taney today saying that the standard CONTROLLER system is TYPE3 ??? So have we two Type3 version buzzing around ? One which controls the machine (DSP) and then one CAD/CAM version called Type3?

By the way, it would be really nice to see a picture of the Gear Wheel transmission used to move in the X,Y directions? I have just seen ball screws. Is the Gear config a stronger and more accurate solution compared to ball screws?

Kent
    DSP is the machine controller. Type 3 is the standard CAM software shipped (yes the UCANCAM is often part of the deal also however Type3 is the package they support).

Here are some photos that we have taken over the last few weeks.
    A lot of you have seen these before.
    I will add more as we get the machine fired up.

Rocket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00658.jpg   DSC00644.jpg   DSC00650.jpg   DSC00659.jpg  

DSC00671.jpg   excitech202.jpg   excitech194.jpg   excitech146.jpg  

excitech095.jpg   excitech090.jpg   excitech073.jpg   DSC00643.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    cabnet/Kent, although i have not yet turned a cog on our machine our understanding is that you can use either method.
    We built the room near our machine with the intention of being able to do our design and programming work in a dust free area. Maybe Taney was suggesting that you use the type 3 to run the machine via USB cable from your computer. This is the way that we hope to do it.
    Jimmy seems to have a preference to put the USB stick into his DSP controller.

With the gear wheel transmission the teeth are on the bottom of the rails. i will try to get time today to take phots of the rails and i will remove a side cover on the gantry to see if i can get a photo of the gear wheel.

Hey everybody - how about a photofest for post 1,000. It would be an easy post to remember and refer to. I will take photos of every component i can. Does anybody know what the maximum no. of photos is per post?
    Rocket.
    OK, I have a go on 999 and leave the 1000 for pictures

However, I can't keep my mouth on the DSP subject. Is there no one who have installed the DSP software on a PC to check if there is a increase functionality. This would be a fairly important point for me, since you in this case can park the PC way off from the dusty environment by a long USB lead, transfer the file from the PC (if you like) and then have a stable DSP to control the machine. But then if this makes it difficult to do small trim out of misalignments I have my doubts.

Jimmy, I had the same impression as you, but Taney sayes in my last email that "our standard controller system is TYPE3" .... As I read this it's for sure not speaking about the CAD/CAM part ?? As mentioned earlier, I'm now a little lost in my eager to sort out these issues before I order

Rocky and you other lucky one's having a machine to play with, I really look forward for those pictures :-)

K

This would be a fairly important point for me, since you in this case can park the PC way off from the dusty environment by a long USB lead, transfer the file from the PC (if you like) and then have a stable DSP to control the machine.
    J
    K
    Careful from what I know and have been told, you should not go farther away than 12 feet for USB type of data transfer. I have a Vinyl Plotter that is USB driven and they told me no longer that 12 feet from the computer.

Information gets lost and bits and pieces of the file don't get through the USB if it is too long. I did it once at 24' and it did miss some data and cut the file wrong.

My new Printer/ Plotter is Ethernet and I can send a print file to it where ever I want, No distance restrictions.

I took 2 6' USB's and pluged them together for the 12' and it is fine. also is it not good to be able to reach the keyboard right up to the surface? How about Wireless keyboards?

Quote Originally Posted by KustomKoncepts View Post
    Careful from what I know and have been told, you should not go farther away than 12 feet for USB type of data transfer. I have a Vinyl Plotter that is USB driven and they told me no longer that 12 feet from the computer.

Information gets lost and bits and pieces of the file don't get through the USB if it is too long. I did it once at 24' and it did miss some data and cut the file wrong.

My new Printer/ Plotter is Ethernet and I can send a print file to it where ever I want, No distance restrictions.

I took 2 6' USB's and pluged them together for the 12' and it is fine. also is it not good to be able to reach the keyboard right up to the surface? How about Wireless keyboards?
    Well, this is no problem. We have a USB cable at work which is 50m long. The trick is to get those which has a fiber-converter in each end hence you have a thin optical fiber you pull through the dusty area I do agree in respect to regular copper cables, they should not be to long.

K

heres to ya'll

thanks rocket

includes scar (from loading machine in kentucky) and unused dovetail machine (lol rocket)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0462.JPG   IMG_0431.JPG   IMG_0435.JPG   IMG_0437.JPG  

IMG_0436.JPG   IMG_0447.JPG   IMG_0433.JPG   IMG_0442.JPG  

IMG_0452.JPG   IMG_0455.JPG   IMG_0439.JPG   IMG_0441.JPG  

IMG_0450.JPG   IMG_0459.JPG   IMG_0460.JPG   IMG_0458.JPG  

IMG_0463.JPG   IMG_0464.JPG   IMG_0466.JPG   IMG_0468.JPG  

IMG_0449.JPG   IMG_0456.JPG  

OK, I have a go on 999 and leave the 1000 for pictures

However, I can't keep my mouth on the DSP subject. Is there no one who have installed the DSP software on a PC to check if there is a increase functionality. This would be a fairly important point for me, since you in this case can park the PC way off from the dusty environment by a long USB lead, transfer the file from the PC (if you like) and then have a stable DSP to control the machine. But then if this makes it difficult to do small trim out of misalignments I have my doubts.

Jimmy, I had the same impression as you, but Taney sayes in my last email that "our standard controller system is TYPE3" .... As I read this it's for sure not speaking about the CAD/CAM part ?? As mentioned earlier, I'm now a little lost in my eager to sort out these issues before I order

Rocky and you other lucky one's having a machine to play with, I really look forward for those pictures :-)

K
    With respect to Taney- he has limited knowledge of the actual machine workings or real life use of the software, in fact you will find that any detailed question his way will require that he consult with one of the engineers in providing a response. To be fair this is reasonable and expected- Taney is in the international sales area.

The USB connection to the DSP handpiece provides for transfer of files to the machine memory and some limited ability (with the software running on the conneted PC) to view the actual cutting toolpath in real time. Files do not transfer and cut in real time, rather they load fully to machine memory and are then interpreted (machine checks file for obvious coding errors prior to execution) and run.

As mentioned earlier- I have yet to find a significant limitation with the standard DSP setup, it's the standard factory option and is cheap. Why not start out with it- you can't go wrong. Swap out to whatever solution you may desire later if needed at little added cost. At least yo know intitaially you will have support from the factory in getting the achine running as they are most comfortable with the standard DSP setup.

cabnet, Great photos mate.
    Charlie is here doing the wiring for the machine. I will take lots of photos and post them tonight.
    Rocket.

G'day Cab'net,
    Bet that nice sliding table saw is going into semi retirement!
    Larry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drink.gif  
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Sizes for Larry

Larry, I have just measured the width and length of our table.
    The width of the vacuum table is 1545mm which appears to be the "usable" width.
    The length of the vacuum table is 3000 mm which also appears to be the "usable" length.
    I have taken the spindle area against the end of the gantry into consideration.

Rocket.

more and better

maybe better resolution i am learning and testing

larry it is rare we have ever sold tools we have a storeroom full of stuff in great condition we just figure if we ever need, as well nothing will kill a cabinet shop like fire we have an entire set of tools ready to be back in business in days (GOD forbid) this should ever happen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0471.jpg   IMG_0468.jpg  

Good one cabnet. I see that you did it on V Carve Pro. Great work!
    The interface on the wincnc looks like it would be easy to use.

Rocket.

Hi everyone! I am new in this CNC, and I get the green light to acquire a cnc machine.
    And the story is as follows, I am industrial designer, I live in Mexico a few months ago i decided to found my own company
    To develop systems of merchandising.
    At the begin i buy a laser machine and the next step is a CNC machine ROUTER, to expand the operations of my company, and I am more a month investigation, I saw many machines in USA and Europe, but the prices are high, and then through Alibaba got information of Excitech and after reading all your valuable information I point decide on a model with a 2.0Kw HSD the SHG1224 .
    Normally cut Sintra 3mm, MDF mm 3,6,9, 3,6,9 acrylic mm and Dibond.
    The big question for those who already have a machine of these,is recommend?
    Thank you and congratulations.

Balam

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy007 View Post
    With respect to Taney- he has limited knowledge of the actual machine workings or real life use of the software, in fact you will find that any detailed question his way will require that he consult with one of the engineers in providing a response. To be fair this is reasonable and expected- Taney is in the international sales area.

The USB connection to the DSP handpiece provides for transfer of files to the machine memory and some limited ability (with the software running on the conneted PC) to view the actual cutting toolpath in real time. Files do not transfer and cut in real time, rather they load fully to machine memory and are then interpreted (machine checks file for obvious coding errors prior to execution) and run.

As mentioned earlier- I have yet to find a significant limitation with the standard DSP setup, it's the standard factory option and is cheap. Why not start out with it- you can't go wrong. Swap out to whatever solution you may desire later if needed at little added cost. At least yo know intitaially you will have support from the factory in getting the achine running as they are most comfortable with the standard DSP setup.
    I totally agree with you on this. I have come to the conclusion that a DSP would be a good starting point since I like the idea of having my design machine somwhere else than inside the machine shop. If not I scrap all the options available and go for a Gecko with a LAN connection and a 4th axis. The last option would most likely though put me in a couple of "awake nights" to figure out how it works. Speaking about night, have to shoot of for horizontal position. Time is "just" 02:00 and work is for sure waiting for me tomorrow.
    K

Page 50 of 131 40484950515260100