588,674 active members*
6,659 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 53 of 460 343515253545563103153
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 9195
    Martin,
    Yes I agree CNC Admin will object.I must now get satellite TV,Gitanes and Bordeaux wine to forget global warming.
    I often wondered what place a global warming thread has on the CNCZone.
    Lets see:Iwill turn on my CNC machine.10Hp for the spindle,4Killowatts for the servos and 25Hp for the vacuum pump.I will now produce 4 times the sawdust of a table saw and tons of worthless weird shaped offcuts.How does this reduce global warming?Simple,I eliminated 3 employees who cannot afford to drive,cook,or heat their homes.CNC is great for CNC machine owners.
    Larry
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Quote Originally Posted by lgalla View Post
    Martin,
    Yes I agree CNC Admin will object.I must now get satellite TV,Gitanes and Bordeaux wine to forget global warming.
    I often wondered what place a global warming thread has on the CNCZone.
    Lets see:Iwill turn on my CNC machine.10Hp for the spindle,4Killowatts for the servos and 25Hp for the vacuum pump.I will now produce 4 times the sawdust of a table saw and tons of worthless weird shaped offcuts.How does this reduce global warming?Simple,I eliminated 3 employees who cannot afford to drive,cook,or heat their homes.CNC is great for CNC machine owners.
    Larry
    If you look at it this way:

You can see Hot babes
    You can join in the Heated conversation
    which can make you look hot headed
    Just Reading some of this BS will get you fired up
    That can get you hot and bothered
    then you can Blow off a little steam
    Maybe even take some heat for posting irritations

Most importantly, you can make some heart warming friendships!

Take note:You know the sayings; Only a cold, cold heart, will give you the cold shoulder....... If you can't stand the heat..........when you're hot, you're hot.........

No carbon credits required! YET!

DC

I had been doing a bit of reading articles elsewhere about ocean acid levels which have been connected to GW debates both pro and con. One I had read a while back stated the ocean could only absorb so much carbon then stop. That seemed to coincide with when life ceased to be supported. Of course the article gave no time line based on past ocean graphical data as usual, but hypothesized it at about 10-20 years based on the rise in carbon emissions on land. Sometimes I swear, no matter what the data shows, the time frame for one condition is based on another that realistically wouldn't be pinpointed to that short a period, screams alarmist scared straight. I tried finding it again, but no luck.

Claiming proof

Claiming Fraud

Does this just add more confusion or something real to be reckoned with?

DC

Oh yes! Those are the tactics! Confusion, obfuscation, diversion, equivocation, replacement of one "truth" with another...........

All the same tactics that the left traditionally uses in politics and in every other pursuit in which they engage.

For so many years there was just no explanation for the extinction of the dinosaurs and all those life forms that disappeared at that line in the earth. (thank GOD they did!) Then there was the discovery of a huge meteor crater discovered on the Yucatan. Well, that did it! Such a large meteor strike spewed so much stuff into the air it blocked sunlight and caused a Nuclear Winter effect and they all froze and starved to death. Oh yes, that had to be it! I was taught as Gospel and they even showed us this layer of iridium around the globe as proof positive.

Recently, however, the cause du jour has changed. They have "discovered" a layer of lava under the ice cap and ocean that is so huge it must have taken millions of years to produce. And in the process the air was just filled with so much more carbon dioxide than ever existed that (you guessed it!) the temperature soared, the earth dried out and killed all those animals. PROOF positive that we humans are doing this again!!

Now, the last I investigated Krakatoa spewed more co2 into the air than mankind has been responsible for from the dawn of time.

There will always be a fairy tale to explain their latest theory related to the quest for power that knows NO shame.
    IT IS A CROCK!! FULL OF DISGUSTING STUFF!!!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jhowelb View Post
    Oh yes! Those are the tactics! Confusion, obfuscation, diversion, equivocation, replacement of one "truth" with another...........

All the same tactics that the left traditionally uses in politics and in every other pursuit in which they engage.

For so many years there was just no explanation for the extinction of the dinosaurs and all those life forms that disappeared at that line in the earth. (thank GOD they did!) Then there was the discovery of a huge meteor crater discovered on the Yucatan. Well, that did it! Such a large meteor strike spewed so much stuff into the air it blocked sunlight and caused a Nuclear Winter effect and they all froze and starved to death. Oh yes, that had to be it! I was taught as Gospel and they even showed us this layer of iridium around the globe as proof positive.

Recently, however, the cause du jour has changed. They have "discovered" a layer of lava under the ice cap and ocean that is so huge it must have taken millions of years to produce. And in the process the air was just filled with so much more carbon dioxide than ever existed that (you guessed it!) the temperature soared, the earth dried out and killed all those animals. PROOF positive that we humans are doing this again!!

Now, the last I investigated Krakatoa spewed more co2 into the air than mankind has been responsible for from the dawn of time.

There will always be a fairy tale to explain their latest theory related to the quest for power that knows NO shame.
    IT IS A CROCK!! FULL OF DISGUSTING STUFF!!!
    If the temps back then increased, as the story was told, this may have been recorded as the great flood. Loading the animals 2 by 2 leaving no room for the serpents of the earth(aka dinosuars)?

So, maybe Gore is the second coming of Noah? He was supposed to build another ark not a huge mansion.......the message was SMALL CABIN FOOTPRINT not Carbon! LOL!

DC

Thumbs up Anyone?

CNCzone diskspace. How many carbon credits to pay for disk etc.
    How much for all the PC's processing this sh*t.
    I read the other day chooks are the descendants of trex.
    Chooks ruling the world?
    At least I will die before this pile of sh*t overwhelms our children unless of course they find a way to fix it.
    Meanwhile I will keep designing ROHS complient throwaway consumer junk.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    Chooks ruling the world?
    At least I will die before this pile of sh*t overwhelms our children unless of course they find a way to fix it.
    Well, one thing for sure......you will die. (sooner or later) And of COURSE they will have found a cure!

See, the lava is under the ocean and all that ice. No body can prove or disprove it and because all you putzes are going along with this farce, when the temp does nothing....why then we MUST have cured it! And if it gets hotter anyway....why then those nasty conservatives just resisted us too long and now we can't fix it. See? Win/win!!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by One of Many View Post
    ...the message was SMALL CABIN FOOTPRINT not Carbon! LOL!
    Sounds like the scroll was translated into english by an Australian...

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    Chooks ruling the world?
    Those would be artifacts for some far distant future being's to dig up. Think positive!

If evolutionists had any faith in their dogma, what we put in the atmosphere today, they should be capable of adapting to it tomorrow?

DC

They just don't give up!

Last year we defeated a bill in Sacramento that would have raised taxes on sport utility vehicles, pickup trucks, minivans and high-performance cars.

Now, that same failed legislation is BACK AGAIN.

And we need your help in defeating this bill once again.

You already pay about $1,500 dollars of taxes when you buy a new vehicle.

Now, AB 493 would more than double taxes on some vehicles..

Some Government officials in Sacramento have come up with a scheme to force families who choose new minivans, pickup trucks or SUVs to pay a $2,500 penalty to the state. The government would then take the $2,500 and "rebate" YOUR money to someone else buying a car that the bureaucrats favor.

Everyone knows minivans and SUVs hold more people than small cars. If, for example you were taking a group of six people on vacation you could get all of them and their stuff in one vehicle. You would have to take at least two cars to move the same amount of people.

Families will really be targeted under this plan, as well as coaches and parents who need large vehicles to move kids to sporting events, band concerts, school and church activities.

Why? Ah, YES! Global Warming, of COURSE!!

i got screwed by them banning my target rifle for competition,(Arnold),,,,, there is always some arrogant jerk who wants to control activities in your life. it is interesting that the changes they want,they never pay for what they want done,,,it is always someone else that pays never themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thseal View Post
    i got screwed by them banning my target rifle for competition,(Arnold),,,,, there is always some arrogant jerk who wants to control activities in your life. it is interesting that the changes they want,they never pay for what they want done,,,it is always someone else that pays never themselves.
    You are beginning to get the picture. Liberals with a D or with a R are still Liberals and are partners. Can anyone say McCain?

Finally, here is a definition of globalization I can understand and to which I can relate!

Question : What is the truest definition of Globalization?

Answer : Princess Diana's death.

Question : How come?

Answer : An English princess with

an Egyptian boyfriend

crashes in a French tunnel,

driving a German car

with a Dutch engine,

driven by a Belgian

who was drunk on Scottish whisky,

(check the bottle before you change the spelling),

followed closely by

Italian Paparazzi,

on Japanese motorcycles;

treated by an American doctor, using

Brazilian medicines.

This is sent to you by An Irishman,

using Bill Gates's technology,

and you're probably reading this on your computer,

that uses Taiwanese chips,

and a Korean monitor,

assembled by Bangladeshi workers

in a Singapore plant,

transported by Indian lorry-drivers,

hijacked by Indonesians,

unloaded by Sicilian longshoremen,

and trucked to you by Mexican illegals.....

That, my friends, is Globalization!
    Have a great day

This really was predictable!!

Patio heaters targeted in Europe's climate fight
    Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:27am EST

By Pete Harrison

LONDON (Reuters) - The patio heaters warming drinkers and diners on the pavements of northern Europe are also warming the planet's climate and should be banned, according to a European Parliament report that could be adopted on Thursday.

Environmentalists argue that heaters not only pump heat directly into the atmosphere but also climate-damaging CO2, while owners of pubs and bars say they need them to help retain customers driven outside by smoking bans.

"Patio heaters are scandalous because they are burning fossil fuels in the open sky, so producing vast quantities of CO2 with very little heat benefit," said European parliamentarian Fiona Hall, who wrote the report criticizing the pace of energy reforms in Europe.

"We urge the Commission to set a timetable for completely taking off the market some appliances that are intrinsically inefficient, such as patio heaters," she added.

The report will not lead directly to legislation, but it seeks to guide the European Commission on parliamentarians' priorities.

Any ban would be fiercely opposed by UK pub owners, whose businesses suffered after a smoking ban last year and are now struggling with weakening consumer spending and rising costs.

The heaters are also popular in many other European countries.

"It's ironic this comes at a time when we've all invested heavily in slightly heated areas after the government banned smoking," said Giles Thorley, Chief Executive of Britain's biggest pubs owner Punch Taverns, which has around 8,400 venues.

"But it's a long way from legislation," he told Reuters.

According to UK government statistics, outdoor heaters produce about 22,200 tons of CO2 a year, compared with around 21 million tons from household heating and hot water.

The report will be debated later on Wednesday by the European Parliament, with a vote to adopt it on Thursday.

Friends of the Earth's Director Tony Juniper said: "If the UK government is committed to reducing carbon dioxide emissions, it must be prepared to back EU proposals to improve energy efficiency, which include banning these carbon-belching monstrosities."

Dear jhowelb,

Yes, I saw that too.

I'd be laughing if I wasn't weeping...

Best wishes,

Martin

Today the target is anything with carbon emission, big or small. Which seems to eliminate fuel cell technology with micro-rotary engine generators.

Can we put a stop to jogging next. These people consume more than their fair share of oxygen and emit more than their fair share of carbon doing so. They emit heat and sweat too. "Which should include banning these carbon-belching monstrosities."

Tomorrow the target just may be government metered excrement and a call for 90% reduction by the year 2070! Then no one can claim they are full of it! LOL!

DC

All of which brings us back to wXYZ's main argument......humanity has gotta go! (no pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by jhowelb View Post
    ...patio heaters are warming the planet's climate and should be banned...

Environmentalists argue that heaters not only pump heat directly into the atmosphere but also climate-damaging CO2....
    If this were true, it is a self limiting problem. Patio heaters are used because it is too cold for human comfort. Once global warming catches up, patio heater won't be required anymore.

All these enviroweany politicians/consensus mongers trying to scare us with global warming are skating on thin ice.

Rare snowstorm hits the Middle East

By IAN DEITCH, Associated Press WriterWed Jan 30, 11:25 AM ET

A rare snowstorm swept the Middle East on Wednesday, blanketing parts of the Holy Land in white, shutting schools and sending excited children into the streets for snowball fights.

The weather in Jerusalem topped local newscasts, eclipsing a government report on Israel's 2006 war in Lebanon.

Men in long Arab robes pelted each other with snowballs in the Jordanian capital, Amman, and the West Bank city of Ramallah, seat of the Palestinian government, came to a standstill.

"I'm originally from Gaza where snow never falls," said Bothaina Smairi, 28, who was out in Ramallah taking photographs. "The white snow is covering the old world and I feel like I am in a new world where everything is white, clean, and beautiful."

Jerusalem's Old City was coated in white. A few ultra-Orthodox Jews, wearing plastic bags over their hats to keep them dry, prayed at the Western Wall, Judaism's holiest site.

Snow falls in Jerusalem once or twice each winter, but temperatures rarely drop low enough for it to stick. The Israeli weather service said up to 8 inches of snow fell in the city.

By late morning, the snow changed to rain, turning the city into a slushy mess. But forecasters said temperatures were expected to drop, and the snow would continue through Thursday morning.

Heavy snow also was reported in the Golan Heights and the northern Israeli town of Safed, and throughout the West Bank.

In Ramallah, residents were surprised to see snow when they awoke. For some, it was their first time.

"I am just astonished with the snow. When I saw the snow this morning, I felt happy, my heart was laughing," said Mary Zabaro, 17.

In Amman, where a foot of snow fell, children used inflatable tubes as sleds. Some roads were temporarily closed.

Snow covered most mountain villages and blocked roads in Lebanon. The storm disrupted power supplies in most Lebanese towns and villages, exacerbating existing power cuts. Parts of the Beirut-Damascus highway were closed.

Temperatures in Syria dipped below freezing and snow blanketed the hills overlooking the capital, Damascus.

Wednesday 3 P.M. Eastern

Arctic air that first blasted into Montana late Sunday reached the northern Plains Monday and the Midwest Tuesday. The result was nothing more than dramatic temperature drops as the cold air rushed in on almost hurricane-force gusts. In some areas, temperatures dropped over 50 degrees in less than 12 hours. Rapidly falling temperatures and blinding snow caused a flash freeze and blizzard conditions over parts of the Midwest and eastern Great Lakes Tuesday into early Wednesday. Strong thunderstorms that formed along the front caused property damage and downed trees and power lines from the Ohio Valley to the Gulf Coast during the same time period. As high winds roared eastward, downed trees also caused sporadic power outages in the Appalachians and the I-95 corridor Wednesday morning. Meanwhile, the latest in a series of storms produced snow from the Cascades to the Rockies Tuesday into Wednesday. Several-day storm totals for some of the peaks in the West ranged from 2 to 3 feet of snow. The storm was redeveloping over the southern Plains Wednesday afternoon, destined to make for a travel nightmare from the central Plains to the Great Lakes in the form of snow, an icy mix in the Northeast and perhaps a round of damaging thunderstorms to parts of the South Thursday into Friday.

Page 53 of 460 343515253545563103153