588,288 active members*
5,220 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 6 of 107 456781656106

Re: OmioCNC report

This is likely happening because you have the USB driver plugin for mach3 installed in the wrong directory.

Uninstall Mach3.

Delete c:\mach3.

Reinstall Mach3.

Follow the install instructions for the OMIO settings stuff to the letter. Your description of unzipping stuff earlier is not how Omio's instructions say how to do it.

Try again.

OK, back to basics! just reposting the last .............all good. Problem was that Mach3 posts 3 profiles to the desktop and I mistakenly was setting up the Mill profile but trying to use another profile to run it. Hence nothing was working. So now onto the user manual and getting to know the machine now its working. Thanks for your advice guys, much appreciated and hopefully I can join in on some of the discussions later as I learn how to use this top piece of machinery. So relieved.

Awesome, I'm glad you got through it in the end.

Yes glad you sorted it out Mike! I was about to chime in but seems you worked it out. Be glad you didn't run into a psu issue like me! Lol...

About the windows 10 thing, while mine was still working, before the psu died, I had it working on a windows 10 laptop (yes running 64bit also!) But stuck with the USB 2.0 port as emphasized by omios instructions (but obviously ignoring the 32bit vs 64bit lol) and it seemed to function fine! And no, my psu didn't die because I was using a 64bit OS if that's what your thinking lol...

What are you guys doing for spindle coolant?

I've been recirculating water through a biggish tub but just checked and it's gone toxic green swamp land. Ooops. Chlorine would fix it but, if it hits any aluminium in the coolant path, it will eat it away.

I use a closed loop PC water cooling system (pump, reservoir, small radiator with fan) and some premixed water cooling coolant (e.g. aquacomputer double protect ultra). Same system has never had any issues over the last 2 years with my 1500GT and spindle never got above mild to the touch.

Dust - Interesting... I didn't think it would work on windows 10. I could do with upgrading as it'll let me stream my xbox games out to the mancave for when I'm pretending to the missus to be out doing work but not lol. Did the dongle work too? I was thinking I might have to upgrade to a smoothstepper in order to run on windows 10.

64 bit OS is only an issue if using the parallel ports I believe. No effect on mach3 if using an external motion controller like us....

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    What are you guys doing for spindle coolant?

I've been recirculating water through a biggish tub but just checked and it's gone toxic green swamp land. Ooops. Chlorine would fix it but, if it hits any aluminium in the coolant path, it will eat it away.
    I use undiluted good quality radiator coolant in a tub, protected from dust and light. had the same tub in use several years now and no bloom or cloudiness at all, like new. The trick is to keep it protected from light, heat, and dust.

That's why you never, ever, keep an aquarium in front of a window, unless you like the dark green mossy look. ;-)

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Hey zee, I didn't get to the wireless controller before my psu failed. I'll test it when my new psu arrives and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    if you upgrade only 32 bit will work with parallel port, don't know if you can get 32 bit win 10 but there are a few boards that work with win 10 the ESS is one of them.
    Yes but the X6 doesn't use a parallel port - I think that renders the 64 bit vs 32 bit discussion moot as its only a parallel port related issue.

I actually upgraded last night just to see, haven't had time to test with the machine, but the wireless pendant worked - happy days. Now I can put off my ESS upgrade until I want to play with mach4.

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    Thanks Iain, zeeflyboy.

I'm not going to close the loop and add a radiator etc. But the idea of switching to coolant and organising a cover for the reservoir? That works for me. I'll give it a shot!
    I don't use a fan or a radiator, I find 6 litres of coolant is more than sufficient to allow the machine to run 12 hours solid with the spindle getting very slightly above luke warm to the touch.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

My pump lives in a ten litre bucket so the amount seems about right. The rig's all running, just needs a lid - and a decent flush and refill with coolant. Cheers.

I ordered the X6-2200L yesterday and I'm setting up a Win7 machine to run Mach3 while I'm waiting for the big toy to arrive. I understand that I will receive some drivers/configs from Omio at some point but I want to hit the ground running. Does Omio provide download links for the drivers? If not, could someone kindly make the needed files available to me in one way or another? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If they haven't already sent you the dropbox link for the settings and user manual, send Grace an email and ask for it now - she will likely have it to you today. Sorry, I've tried before and got stuck on file sizes with email etc and I don't play dropbox plus there's no guarantee I have the latest and greatest versions.

Email sent. So far they've been rather helpful so let's hope for the best.

Stark, I had the exact thoughts when i ordered mine and sent grace an email asking for the files ahead of time. She responded the next day with all the links, so she should do the same for you. They also immediately shipped a replacement part via DHL after I emailed them about it, so customer service so far has been great.

Yep, got all the info i needed barely an hour later. Your experience with customer support is one of the reasons I went with Omio even though their price point is significantly higher than other "generic" 6040 suppliers out there.

I discovered Fusion360 yesterday which so far seems to cover my main needs for CAD and CAM in one free and nice looking and working package. Drag knife support is missing but seems to be in the making even though it might take a while. I solved that with donek's excel macro (I had to alter it slightly to work with excel for Mac OSX). So far so good. I have a bunch of china stuff from eBay on the way as well as I'm certain I will ruin bits and stock in heaps from the start...

I've been using vectric aspire. Expensive but amazing software.

Should get my psu tuesday, I'll report the results! I picked up a sheet of mdf and cut it up into 19" x 24" sections to make a few tslot spoilboards. I plan to program the spoilboards tslotting at my work and make them quickly and identically on one of our big horizontal mills, and I really don't need 10 spoilboards, so I'll prolly cut at least 6, maybe keep 3, and if anyone here with a x6-2200l wants to buy a ready made mdf tslot spoilboard from me ill have a few extras i can sell. Im in new york, ill ship anywhere in the usa, prolly sell one for $30 + shipping? Still trying to source cheap sliding tnuts that fit the extruded bed that comes with the machine for mounting the spoilboards. Ive emailed grace and asked for exact dimensions of the beds profile instead of trying to measure it all up, also asked her what model sliding nut fits well. From my initial measurements it appears to be 20x120mm sections with 8.6mm gap in t slots and 40mm between slot centerlines, anyone correct me if I'm mistaken?

Ya im a big aliexpress shopper and i was noticing all those different slide nuts that where available, just wasnt sure which one would be the optimal fit.

Do you have these particular ones Zee? and do they fit well?

Page 6 of 107 456781656106