587,786 active members*
4,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 65 of 587 1555636465666775115165565
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 11734
    This one took a while to get the border on the top (card profile) to look ok. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smiley2.gif 
Views:	1 
Size:	2.5 KB 
ID:	52952

I learned a lot about layers, also!

(router)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG   2.JPG   3.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: zip 1.zip (6.8 KB, 1 views)
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Arrow A Winning Hand

Switcher, respectfully modified.

For CNC-PPP (Plasma Poker Players)(flame2)

(License Plate Frame)

This will need to be scaled to the vehicle, to locate the center of the bolt holes, & the frame size, I'm sure it's a standard measurement, I'm just to lazy to run outside & check.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  
    • File Type: zip 1.zip (1.9 KB, 1 views)
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

SWITCHER...You are indi-genious

one i did last night , zipped is the gcode file 11" x 11" total , WS x+.5 y+.5 ,
    it will do a bit of a boarder around the pic (.5) , this peice was a lil short so i had to tweak it , it was the only peice i could scrape up , i think i need to get another sheet of mdf to carve into
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eagle.jpg  
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

dertsap,

Good job! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123ABC.gif 
Views:	0 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	52966

I've read your other post about the tutorial your working with, what's it like controlling the image depth, would a model like the eagle be able to be cut deeper, or is their a limit close to what that cut was done at ( & still get a good result like the photo you posted)?

Later...

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    dertsap,

Good job! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123ABC.gif 
Views:	0 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	52966

I've read your other post about the tutorial your working with, what's it like controlling the image depth, would a model like the eagle be able to be cut deeper, or is their a limit close to what that cut was done at ( & still get a good result like the photo you posted)?

Later...

you can control the size of the pic as well as the depth , the problem i find with going deeper is dealing with the tool type and having the tool remove some of the detail , what i mean is if a guy is using an angled cutter then the deeper you go the more the tool may open up areas that shouldn t have been opened , i grind my engraving bits by hand , so i can control it some by creating a sharper angled tool , ultimately a 3/32 ballnose would be sweet but i can t go as deep and i would be scared of it breaking after i'm into 2 hrs of cutting
    the code i posted works well but the next time i need to optimize the model a little further to remove unecessary code which slows things down some , the gmax picks up a lot of really fine details which at times isn't necessary , i'm still learning it so things should become more refined as time goes on

for the twenty bucks i paid for that tutorial ,i'd say it has paid off in this one test alone , i'm quite impressed with it

we're big kids with new toys
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Switcher, saw the lic plate went to the wife car out side my office door got some diam. too about 20 min thought and here you go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnczone plate.jpg  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Hey guys, ive been working on the gmax thing as well, Discoverd its all about the greyscaleing you do in photoshop or any photo program, its taking me forever to get it right buut im getting there, this is my latest and havent finished, I also use silo to do any detailing and brush work like smoothing, plus if you want fur and such you can make a brush to detail it more, When I get every thing down pack ill give a tutorial to what I do. Graham
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails santateddy.jpg  

Thank you Graham for promising tutorial...U have done great job so for

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    Switcher, saw the lic plate went to the wife car out side my office door got some diam. too about 20 min thought and here you go.
    Looks great!

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Hummingbird (plasma/router).

• File Type: zip 1.zip (5.1 KB, 1 views)
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Anyone know If Inskape will convert a portrait to a line drawing?

I already have a program on another pc that does a great job, I was just curious, about Inskape.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

It depends on the portrait....is it a black/white outline type of thing, or a detailed photograph? Inkscape is like most auto-trace programs in that it converts simple lines to vectors well enough, but when you start adding in shading in the pic, especially with full colour variations, it rapidly goes downhill. Download it and try, its free! I don't really use it ever anymore.

Hi,
    I just took a look at the coin you made for your cubscouts, which I'd like to say looks very good! I wondered if it is a casting as I see no tool marks and also was curious what metal you used and what kind of casting was implemented? Very nice indeed!
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    Anyone know If Inskape will convert a portrait to a line drawing?

I already have a program on another pc that does a great job, I was just curious, about Inskape.

at times inkscape alone will do a great job tracing , other times it needs some help ,i get great results using http://vectormagic.stanford.edu/ , save as svg then open it in inkscape then save as a dxf

(router)

• File Type: zip 1.zip (5.0 KB, 1 views)
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Thanks everyone for the Inkscape info.

I've got some things I've been working on, converting portraits to line drawings, then to dxf.

I'll try & post some examples later.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Weldtutor,

The flag that you cut & posted a few post back, how did you handle the leadin on your plasma?

Did you edit the dxf file, then draw it as a line in your cad program?

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Page 65 of 587 1555636465666775115165565