588,471 active members*
5,545 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle
Page 65 of 91 1555636465666775
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1805

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

So, so tempting....

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

So far I haven't had but one inquiry for the small router, but I'm thinking FaceBook may be a better place to list it!

This morning I designed and cut out another big plaque, 25" x 17" x 3/4" Red Oak!
    After it was all sanded, I gave it a coat of Tung Oil to make the grain pop 😊
    The Big Red Bus will be at our fund raiser this Saturday, so I decided to make them a nice appreciation plaque !
    Widgit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg  
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Wow Widgit;
    Saw the for sale sign above and thought you were selling big red! I was very dissapointed until I read the actual post and see you old machine listed. Hope to enjoy many more Widgit projects from big red in the future.
    Sign looks great. Can you share the model? I don't remember if you keep them for you use only or not!
    Thanks for all the posting.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Nice Gift for the Big Red Bus, hope they get lots of blood.

Great Job

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Wow Widgit;
    Saw the for sale sign above and thought you were selling big red! I was very dissapointed until I read the actual post and see you old machine listed. Hope to enjoy many more Widgit projects from big red in the future.
    Sign looks great. Can you share the model? I don't remember if you keep them for you use only or not!
    Thanks for all the posting.
    Bill

Hi Bill!
    Here is the VCarvePro file for the Swans:
    Also made some Smily Faces for the kids
    Widgit
    Attached Files Attached Files
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Thanks Widgit!
    Ya'll have a nice Halloween now and a great weekend!
    Going to have fun with the smiley's for the kits at Christmas!
    So many projects, so little time!

B
    billyjack

Red face Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Happy Veterans Day to all !!
    Widgit

Yes Sir and Thank YOU for your service.
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Happy Veterans Day Widget and gang. God bless and keep safe our troop both past, present and future!!!
    Bill
    billyjack

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Turkeys

You also my friend. Don't eat to much:})
    Art

Widgit,

Just wanted to see if you could give us an update on the status of your blower / dust collection system?

How is the blower holding up? Would you use it again, or go with something bigger?

I have the small Dust Deputy, running from a shop vac, and the noise is getting to be too much. I could only guess that the blower is quieter than a shop vac.

Thanks,
    Chuck

Howdy Chuck!
    This thing is working excellent, it fills the 16-gallon barrel in less than a day, and is much quieter than the shop-vacs!
    The 4" hose is much better at collecting dust than the little 1 1/2 & 2" hoses too!
    I'm working this machine every day, and having a blast too

The blower its self is quiet, except for the moving air! But when I bolted it to the 2x4 wall studs, it resonates the whole wall!
    But even that's not as annoying as the noise of the shop-vacs!

Widgit

I wonder If a corded leaf blower / vacuum would work the same way.

Like this thing from Black and Decker.. Only $45 locally.
    BLACK+DECKER Tools | Electric Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher BV3100

Just need to figure out how to adapt it, and should be less likely to break if something got past the cyclone.
    Just need to go check the DB levels on the stand alone blowers. The leaf blower is rated at 69 db.

-C

Quote Originally Posted by Miata2k View Post
    I wonder If a corded leaf blower / vacuum would work the same way.

Like this thing from Black and Decker.. Only $45 locally.
    BLACK+DECKER Tools | Electric Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher BV3100

Just need to figure out how to adapt it, and should be less likely to break if something got past the cyclone.
    Just need to go check the DB levels on the stand alone blowers. The leaf blower is rated at 69 db.

-C
    It would work, kinda, in the same way a plastic toothpick could be used to dig a tunnel, but it won't last long and the noise would be pretty high, Those things are only designed for a very low duty cycle, several hours per month usually, not 6-12 hours a day for several days or weeks.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Keep your eye out on ebay. I found one that looks like Widgets and paid $50 a while back and shipping was about $15.
    Art

All work and no play . . . . .

This is my solution ��

18" diam x 1" thick pine, carved .625" deep using a 1 1/4" 90-deg V bit, 24000 rpm, 55 Ipm
    Run time 00:00:25

this would make a nice clock !!

Long time no post, as I've been very busy making stuff on the BIG RED Monster

Several Vets have asked me for a nice Purple Heard plaque, so here is what I'v cut out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PurpleHeartPlaque.jpg  

As always, very nice work Widgit. Hope your keeping well.

Alan

As always beautiful work.

That would be great in Purple Heart wood as well, especially after the wood aged.

Page 65 of 91 1555636465666775