Page 67 of 131 1757656667686977117
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2602
    Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    photos doing it wrong
    doing it right
    bridge over wire
    wire management
    Looking extra good Jim.

How long did the machine spend on the most detailed carving?

We Fixed The DSP Cable

Hi Fellas, had a productive day with the machine. The troublesome DSP cable is no longer a problem. I went to the hardware store to look for something to fix it. In the plumbing section i came across some clips which are used to screw copper pipe to framing. They have 2 screw holes and take a 1/2 " ( 12mm ) pipe. Saw possibilities. Eureka! they are ideal. Painted them grey to match machine and screwed them onto leg of machine, then we cut a block of wood to go from floor to underside of cable. Glued block of wood to floor and screwed cable to the block of wood with one of the clips. Worked like a charm but cable was still on floor so we fixed another hook for DSP controller on other side of machine. Problem solved!

Ramon had his first screw up today. We put another board on the table and he figured he could just start program. Wrong! The board was thicker than the previous one. End result was a big gouge in the board. Moral of the story - Always z zero board!

Routered some more panels without further problems. We are very impressed with the way the Excitech works and especially the arch that we routered, came out superb.

Forum member Branchy sent us a file for our queen anne door and it worked like a charm. Thanks mate!

Rocket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00756.jpg   DSC00774.jpg   DSC00764.jpg   DSC00763.jpg  

DSC00761.jpg   DSC00777.jpg   DSC00779.jpg   DSC00780.jpg  

DSC00781.jpg   DSC00782.jpg   DSC00783.jpg  

Jimmy, You are an " ideas " man!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy007 View Post
    Didn't seem to matter how I configured the VAC hose with the Excitec supplied 'curtain rod' solution it seemed to sooner or later get squashed between the spindle mounting plate and gantry side.

Although not the best shots you should get some idea how I got around it.

Mount is flanged exhaust pipe welded to plate with car stub axle bearings. Hose suspended by shock cord.

Need to tidy it up now I am satisfied it works as hoped.
    That looks like a great solution. You are spot on. The supplied curtain rod setup does work ( sort of ), but looks second rate and i keep watching and waiting for the hose to get caught. It is also getting grease all over the hose from moving across the gantry and rubbing against the rails.
    Exhaust pipe, stub axles and wheel bearings are in plentiful supply in my garage so if you don`t mind we will copy yours.

If the brush strip is good enough for Corinthian then i reckon that it is good enough for us! Jim`s dust skirt is a great looking unit so we will copy his design on that one - unless camaster sell them as stock items?

Thanks for all of this great info. And by the way, Your lawnmower is just about as old as i am. They built them well in the fifties. We are on our 4th Victa since we married 30 years ago.

Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    That looks like a great solution. You are spot on. The supplied curtain rod setup does work ( sort of ), but looks second rate and i keep watching and waiting for the hose to get caught. It is also getting grease all over the hose from moving across the gantry and rubbing against the rails.
    Exhaust pipe, stub axles and wheel bearings are in plentiful supply in my garage so if you don`t mind we will copy yours.

If the brush strip is good enough for Corinthian then i reckon that it is good enough for us! Jim`s dust skirt is a great looking unit so we will copy his design on that one - unless camaster sell them as stock items?

Thanks for all of this great info. And by the way, Your lawnmower is just about as old as i am. They built them well in the fifties. We are on our 4th Victa since we married 30 years ago.

Rocket.
    Would be happy with the metal part of the supplied shoe if the cutout for the spindle nose wasn't so close to the back....

I've got my eyes on Jim's setup and a few others also looking for inspiration definately need to build something soon- need the catcher for the mower so thats out of the question...............

*Edit- forgot to ask Rocket- in your search for an acrylic solution did you find something good to stick it together with of were you thinking of tapping and using machine screws?

I have only given it passing consideration so far but i was thinking of small aluminium angle and machine screws - but if it is possible to buy something that is moulded then that would be our preference ( dollars permitting ).
    Don`t know whether your lawnmower grass catcher is a good idea, but what about a sheet from the back verandah roof?
    Rocket.

rocket

:banana::banana::rainfro:WIRE MANAGEMENT!!!!!!:rainfro:

jim

Wire Management

:rainfro:IT WORKS!!!!

Jim, the usb cable is shot. It is very loose in the fitting This method enabled us to make a solid connection and the cable cannot move.

We will be buying a new one and then will put best practice in use.

Crikey, i have not made a slingshot for 35 years. I don`t know where to buy surgical rubber

Rocket.:rainfro::rainfro::rainfro::rainfronuts)

Wow this thread just keeps growing and growing..

I still have to get a dust shoe for my machine, first thought was to try and cannibalise a Tupperware container. That brush strip sounds good Jimmy.

Anyone thinking of buying Vectric's Cut3D might be interested in the deal at the bottom of this page:
    http://www.vectorart3d.com/starter-coll/
    you get the software and a small 3-D clipart collection for $323. I think I'll probably buy that.

Parametric Door Program?

I keep hearing the word " Parametric " from Ramon. I told him he will need to get used to designing our doors individually as we do not want to fork out thousands for a program. He says there must be a better option.
    I do recall seeing a program for $250 somewhere - so if he will take a pay cut maybe we can get it for him. Whaddyareckon Ramon?

I also saw a free door program on the Shopbot forum.

Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions about this.

Tighta..se Rocket.

teaching my wife

what a rainfro is!!!

i paid 299.00 US for my cut 3d alone i want to buy the flourishes but as i learned from my carve wright there are only so many of these i will use

so i buy enough to get over the 100.00 and get the 20% off or 5 for the price of four there are other carving file available as well just so far vector is best

rocket your there and if your cable works now move on. although you guys might want to show taney whats up with this conection issue simple enough to fix

v carve programs run in 3 to 8 minutes carving can take a little longer, i am learning a lot and am not there on all of it yet. i can tell bill is going to be busy building machines, i believe he goes to fla with a tool changer next.

i am going to try to get cabinetparts pro cutting today and look at cabinetpro
    another member and i have had some conversations about cabinet software . i have done "high" custom only for years and want to move in some other directions as well

i found a closed lumber yard with great buildings yesterday so i will be in with them some to if we can find a number..

bill has showed me some software i want baddddd so i am proceeding with the new machine

jimmy all i really know is bill and many other us table builders use win cnc as the tech support is available to them as it has a primary commercial use base
    he did notice i had minimized wincnc and was on internet while machine was running he told me i would not be able to do that with mach, he likes mach
    and just said he is many years used to it as well "josh" his son can communicate by web with the machine to trouble shoot and save costly site visit time, he also told me that when it came to warranty support he has only had to replace a few motors in all the 13 years he has been building machines, he told me he gives two years or more on warrantys. i can understand most cabinetmakers give one year commercial warrantys, i give 5 years, i don't believe he has changed all of the chinese machines he has sold from dsp. where i am concerned he found my need and suppled accordingly i believe he treats every one the same.

person-application-need

i understand he has sold better than 900 machine for all kinds of uses.

gotta get to work back later jim

jimmy i'll get you a better answer from bill on conversion and why jim

oh an rocket

surgical tubing------pharmacy lol

like i said what you have done will probably serve well jim

carbing

carvin

not like marvin

i did this by importing basic clip art and vcarve pro jim

comes in tif jpeg bmp formats and is available at barnes and noble or online

15-20 bucks

http://store.doverpublications.com/b...--cd-rom-.html

these have 500-1500 images on disk dont bur them all up front jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0628-2.JPG   IMG_0647-2.JPG   IMG_0649-2.JPG   IMG_0653-2.JPG  

IMG_0657-2.JPG  

Jim, Thankyou for that link. You are routing like an experienced pro already. Must make you very happy that your wife and Kellie are taking an interest in cnc routing.

Kent Norway, did you do it?

Rocket.

Ripper!

Jim, i do not know how you find all of this info so quickly.
    It is great stuff. I can see some answers to other questions that i have about cutters/bits.
    Could this be the same B Clark that has posted in this thread?

Rocket.

you asked how i find it so quickly

a friend took me in his helicopter while shooting a pan am commercial in st. thomas about 25 years ago, we were literaly sideways flying thru mast of ships and mountains, inches off the water etc. (he had extensive combat experience in vietnam) after we landed i was rattled i can still rember how my body felt gettin out of that copter i asked him the same thing " man how in the world do you do that??" i'll never forget his response "man that ain't nothing, you oughta see what i can do when they are shooting at me"!!!!!

off to work i go back soon jim

Cut to the Bone Guest

Jimmy

I would be interested to learn if there is a recommended breakout board? Whether you have spindle speed control implemented? AND What if any reasons were provided for electing not to offer the machines for local sale with the Chinese supplied DSP setup (can't find the post but recall you were going to enquire).

I note also that your spindle inverter appears to be same model range as mine and you have a scrolling display- is it providing detail of any specific paramaters during operation?

Cheers,

Jimmy[/QUOTE]

Jimmy,
    Sorry it has taken me so long Bill & I have just got back and I am digging out of this hole 4 days away put me in.

Break out board if you are useing wincnc or mach go to http://www.cncbuildingblocks.com/
    Ed is great he has made boards for us and they are seamless

No Jim does not have spindle speed control implemented

DSP is fine we have put them on some low cost units. the reason we do not use a great deal of them is support we use U.S. software and it is a trick working from inch to metric. we have done it but rather not. the cost of having the DSP is not a savings over the PC with cat5 cable you can sit in the office and send all the code from there. with DSP a cable is needed. Also if you use wincnc you can multi task on the pc. edit code on the fly is another big reason.

Jimmy I hope this helps.

Joey

servo slow

posting to test jim

joey i posted this at 10:21 am est

jimmy007

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mach1mach2cnc/

joey

i can implement spindle speed if i were to choose right?

jim

Cut to the Bone Guest
    yes. but not needed the TC will have it.

Cut to the Bone Guest
    I will be back on latter tonight
    Joey

Page 67 of 131 1757656667686977117