587,997 active members*
1,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > CNC Wood Router Project Log > WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spindle
Page 68 of 91 1858666768697078
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1805

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

I kept looking for flaws (however minor) in Widgit's workmanship, but somehow my eyes just would not focus on the plaque. They kept wandering around the photo and would only focus on the pretty ladies ...

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Re: WidgitMaster's Largest Steel Router Table Project 9ft x 5ft x 8" Water Cooled Spi

Howdy Carv'e !
    How was your Thanksgiving ? Filling I hope
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

Here is a little plaque I've been working on, only took 1-day to glue all the 2x12's together and 3 1/2 hours to cut

Too bad I couldn't get it done for the Marine Corps Birthday on the 11th

Oh Yeah, its 48" diameter, 1 1/2" thick, 3/4" deep
    www.widgitmaster.com

Way too filling is a better description for it ... I'll have to go on a starvation diet for three days to make up for it. Beautiful weather here all of this week though.

I delivered another Paradise Box to a friend who wanted one for his fiance for Christmas. I'm working on the CAD layout for another one for another friend for the same reason. Then there is a yard sign for someone who wants it before Christmas, so I'll be too wore out to enjoy much of it myself, but I'll know that I had a part in someone else's gifts. Makes me wonder if I should join the Elf's Woodworking Association and do this year-round. Oh wait, I already do that.

CarveOne
    CarveOne

Another nice project Widgit. Looks like you stay busy making these for good purposes. All the best to you for doing it so well.

CarveOne
    CarveOne

Here's another FUN project!
    Made from a Yellow Pine 2x12, 18" long

Source file in VCarvePro format!

Happy Holidays to ALL!
    www.widgitmaster.com

widgitmaster

Keep the chips flowing, glad you are having fun with your machine, with more cool projects

Happy Holidays to you also
    Mactec54

Hey Widgit;
    Happy holiday to you and yours! Love the new sign and will most likely have one posted on my garage wall to (dis)invite future troublemakers (or at least make them think)!!!
    Thanks for the files.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Eric;
    I do hate to keep asking but would it be possible to share the vcp file for the helmet, boots and rifle (fallen soldier) plaque you created and posted in 1322? That's one I'd love to have hanging in my shop.
    Have a great holiday.
    Bill
    billyjack

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Eric;
    I do hate to keep asking but would it be possible to share the vcp file for the helmet, boots and rifle (fallen soldier) plaque you created and posted in 1322? That's one I'd love to have hanging in my shop.
    Have a great holiday.
    Bill
    Here ya go Bill!
    It's called a "Battle Cross"

Merry Christmas my Friend!
    www.widgitmaster.com

For the last few days, the spindle bearings in Big Red have been growling!
    Finally this morning, they started screaming, and the water temperature began to rise
    Most of the noise appeared to be coming from the upper bearings!
    Only lasted for 14000-Hours !

The

Another spindle is on order; a four-bearing model, so i have time to play with other projects
    www.widgitmaster.com

WidgitMaster

Very nice cnc router you have built.
    Are you going to make the cad files available? I would love to build one like yours but make it 4'x4'x8" (? on the 8" I want to cut alum. also.)

Quote Originally Posted by widgitmaster View Post
    For the last few days, the spindle bearings in Big Red have been growling!
    Finally this morning, they started screaming, and the water temperature began to rise
    Most of the noise appeared to be coming from the upper bearings!
    Only lasted for 14000-Hours !

The

Another spindle is on order; a four-bearing model, so i have time to play with other projects
    This spindle has 14,000 hours worked or life in total?

Actually, the spindle ran good for 1400.0 hours, not 14000 !

Here's a preview of my latest project!

Combat Wounded Veterans Association Logo

24" diameter, 1" thick yellow pine, laminated.
    www.widgitmaster.com

That's pretty cool. Nice job.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    That's pretty cool. Nice job.
    Yes, it is. The chain details look very sharp.
    CarveOne

Great Work. Some of your pieces are really amazing.

Bill
    billyjack

Thanks Guys!

A replica of the Veterans Memorial in Arlington
    35" x 17 1/4" x 3/4" pine
    I painted the insides of the grooves with a black Sharpie pen, and the flag with red and blue, then sealed it and varnished it
    www.widgitmaster.com

Widgetmaster,
    You keep amazing me with the genius of your work! I am glad for you that you did NOT sell Big Red or we would not be able to appreciate the work your doing. Keep it up friend.
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Thanks Bubba

For months I've been fighting with an accurate way to get tool lengths to enter into Mach3, and here is the solution I came up with for the Chinese VFD spindles!

The inside of the spindle when looking through the ER-20 collet, looks like a standard drill point. None of the cutters were long enough to reach the bottom of the inside of the spindle, so I made tool holders for all the common cutters I use. At first I was simply measuring the length of the cutters from the flat-end of the tool holder shank to the cutting end. But the tool holders all have a slight bevel or radius on the end, so when it was inserted into the spindle, it was a little shorter than it's measurement!

So I took a piece of 2" diameter bar-stock, and drilled a 1/2" hole about 2" deep. Then I made a tool for setting z-zero, and it's shank is long enough to hit bottom in the spindle. The same setting tool hits bottom inside the 2" diameter bar. So using a little digital height gauge, I can accurately measure the distance from the top of the setting gauge to the actual cutting edge within .0005" accuracy!
    Now I have programs that can use as many tools as necessary, and they all blend perfectly with the previously machined surfaces and corners!

The next problem is the tools that don't have tool holders,as they have shanks that are too short to hit bottom inside the spindle! So I made a little 1/2" diameter bar about 3/4" long. When inserted into the spindle first, the tool shank will still be within the collets clamping capacity, and the little bar fills the gap to the bottom of the spindle! As long as the little bar is used when measuring the tools length, the length remains constant!

I hope everyone with ER-20 spindles can get system like this, and NO, I'm not going to make more of them !!

Widgit
    www.widgitmaster.com

Page 68 of 91 1858666768697078