588,191 active members*
4,574 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 7 of 15 56789

Re: Chinese CNC Syntec 6MA my experience

Blimey. Blindingly obvious when you put it the way you have. Thank you. I should have realised this before because I do actually do something similar already. I have a small clamping board around 1220mm square and 18mm thick which I use for cutting small bits and pieces. I simply place that on top of my spoil board, it's 18mm thick so I put that into my X offset on aux.

Hope you follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if I'm following. Every time you resurface the spoil board you simply adjust the aux z dim by the amount you trim off and that's it ?

Correct.
    Use like 10mm spoil board and set 9mm in aux and use program that cuts at Z0. It works great.
    And if the spoil board becomes 8.5 or 9.2 doesn’t matter as long as the Z0 is on the surface of the board.
    Easy when you think of it.

Good stuff guys, I can't wait to get my spoil board on to get back at this...

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Quote Originally Posted by dunderdunder View Post
    My advice is that 3411 should only be set once. There is no need to change it if you use AUX and/or tool tip measuring.
    All tools will follow the AUX value. In my case my 3411 is the height diff between the vacuum table and tool sensor (let’s say 6,5mm). Now I want to use a spoil board that is 12mm(before I flycut it).
    Simple way, just add 12mm in the AUX value and the new zero will on top of the spoil board.
    And all tools will follow and no need for touching them off. To be more precis it is possible to use the tool tip measuring under tool set offs, but make sure the tool your using for measuring is touched off by tool sensor before measuring.
    If I got a small piece where I need a vise for holding it, I just touch (tool sensor)off my tool and then touch the surface I want as my new zero, do the tool tip measure and I´m good to go. New zero and all tools follows the new zero.
    Ok so is the AUX that you are talking about the external shift? - I see AUX but I cannot see how to change it.

OK, I had to leave before I confirmed this but I think I found the step that has remained unwritten?

I seemed to have finally gotten things working for the tool height touch when I first set parameter 3411 to 0 and then did a touch off (via MDI tool change) , took the value from the tool offset screen, and then touched off of the vacuum grid (based on dunderdunder method) and the took the difference and put that into parameter 3411.

Then I tried my program which was supposed to skim the top of the material with no cut. Finally that's mostly what it did (material was not super flat and some was off the vacuum zone). If it translates to the other tools I'm set finally.

Did you guys need to do that too?

I just remembered it as AUX but I think it is actually External shift. I use the tool tip routine and then I don´t put any numbers in anywhere. Sorry.

Has anyone figured out the m-code for the blower on/off and the functions on/off. I think they should be M94/(enter input/ouput number here) but I can't seem to get anything to work via mdi (can turn on the spindle though). I've asked my vendor Omni but thought I'd ask here too (and I'll post if I get a response). There should be a way to turn all the registers on and off in the g-code and specifically the post processor. My goal is 1) to have the vacuum turn itself off (and dust collector) and 2) to work towards turning on the air for the HSD spindles positive pressure only just before it starts up.

OK edit, I hoped it would be m94/95 but I see now there is a lot of variation in the m codes.

Quite funny since I´m looking for the same solution. I´ve tested a bunch of M codes and had no success activating the F buttons. I learned the hard way that M50 releases the tool from the spindle… And since I got z at 700mm, I had one end mill less.
    I would like to use an M code to start my vacuum system and dust collector. My machine manufacturer has already set my popups on the cooling M08/M09 and my vacuum system on the F2, and the plan switch the wires for vacuum system and popups.
    But still I would like to have the possibility to use the popups with M-code later on.
    The idea of not having any compressed air to the spindle when it´s not running is a nice idea.
    Please share if you get any feedback from your manufacturer.

The initial response is that it is only with the buttons but that's not true.

My vacuum is on the blower, which should be m07 but isn't. I'd be OK with an m08/09 solution but I'd rather figure this out fully and be able to hook up to the unused i/o ports if needed (air clamps or whatever) .

I did specify the dust hood had to be selected within gcode so I'm playing that card.

I've also asked for English versions of the installation manual. And doesn't hurt to point out I've been running the most watched thread on the omni subforum. Oh and a made sure to ask my sales guy to let his boss know.

My tool drop is on F2 also so its clear that it's possible to combine F2 buttons and M codes, it's just a programming or configuration issue.

I'll be working on it when they are in next so I'll just pester it out of them.

OK I downloaded the system files and poked through them. It looks like the CNC ladder (cnc.lad) needs to have additional M codes defined. Its a little hard to read but I see the spindle clamp/unclamp (m50/m51) and also the ATC carousel air cylinder push/release at (m52/53) and the coolant and air on/off. But this is a little above my political science training so I've pointed them to it and asked them to revise it. I really don't think this is too hard I think they just don't bother, which is silly. Even my coolant m-code doesn't seem to be turned on.

How did you get anything useful out of the .lad files. I just get crappy greek letters.

Quote Originally Posted by dunderdunder View Post
    How did you get anything useful out of the .lad files. I just get crappy greek letters.
    Just opened it in notepad and looked for legible bits

Somewhere in the Syntec menus you can actually look at this .lad files as a ladder diagram. Can´t remember where, but it is there. If it´s possible to edit I can´t remember.

I'm reading this thread with great interest, unfortunately I can't currently add to what's been said I think you guys are a little ahead of me. It's really a no brainier to the stop the positive air until the machine is running. I'm assuming there's a solenoid valve to energise? If I could led leave air in but not releasing till it gets a command in the programme that would be great or am I reading th s wrong. How so LTD it work with MDI tool changes ? The vacuum and blower again would be tremendous.

I don't think my machine has a solenoid for the air but my last machine did (both hsd spindles).

I can (and did) look through the ladder but it doesn't help too much unless I can edit, and that doesn't help unless I know the format and syntax.

Edit: also the plc ladder (and likely these mods in general) only helps with a map showing the i/o values of all the buttons on the control and even then its a little hard as I don't know what is what otherwise.

I've seen an English version for other syntec controllers from 2006 that maps out all the buttons but nothing for ours (which is why I asked for one).

Success - Mostly and hopefully more to come. After I convinced my sales person (Thanks Jack@omni!) that is was possible, I sent them the back up system file and they sent me back a new cnc.lad file and the m codes to try out. So I've now got m codes for the vacuum and dust collection :banana:. I've requested the dust shoe also (just because really) and also to get I/O 14 and 15 mapped to F5 and the Lamp button for future use. I'm willing to pay extra for that but haven't said that out loud yet.

As for the air on with the spindle, I am still hoping I can find a 24v relay that goes on with the spindle already for that and just tie into it. I'll still need to add my own relay (which I happen to have). If and when I do, I'll let people know but should just be a matter of me and a multimeter.

I still don't know if m09/m08 works - they sort of look set up in the ladder but maybe referring to a macro. Hard to read like I said and as I have no gear that would use it its a question mark.

Anyhow great service from Omni on this one!

So the moral is - yes it is possible (which was a given in my mind) but its not a DIY which is too bad.

Edit - just ran my first test program to the end and it was a sweet quite sound as the vacuum shut off!

Hello,

Newbie for SYNTEC controllers and...

I have to set up the network for a 6MA.
    The machine is connected to the LAN, IP assigned by DHCP
    Pinging the machine's IP from LAN is OK - I have the connection - but the machine show me "Code: 1222 Network is unreachable" and the controller and the shared folder are not visible

Any hints?

Thank you,
    Seb
    HTM.Ro - Hobby Tools Manufacturing

OK my machine is not visible from the network either, not sure if it's supposed to be. What I have is a shared folder on a network pc visible on the syntec machine which allows file imports or running the program dnc (directly off the network). The Dnc works fine but the previews are finicky and often it seems to like to revert back to the last run program.

So in my network screen I have dchp, under pc name I have the name of the pc on the network that hosts the shared folder (pwcounter is the pc for example and cnc is the folder).

Like you I thought I should see the machine on the network but haven't so far. Works well enough for me though I do need to import files still. To make it a little easier there is a parameter you can change so the network shared folder shows up first rather than usb. It's parameter 3213.

Oddly, the dnc option defaults to usb still but who knows...

thanks for your fast reply

same on my machine, the name is like the computer's name where I created the shared folder
    I also changed the 3213 parameter to 3 (for network folder) but the machine still show the "Code: 1222" error
    The network icon (in machine's file manager) is still disabled and have a red X over the network icon

do you have the computer connected through a network switch or directly through a cable?

regards,
    Seb
    HTM.Ro - Hobby Tools Manufacturing

Page 7 of 15 56789