587,665 active members*
4,056 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 7 of 29 5678917
    Just some small tubing clamps. The tighter they are the less flow.

Like this one http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-1412663..._2136_60851220

But I have been thinking about using these. http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...llow&cId=PDIO1

FINALLY got the timing pulleys I needed.... 20T for the motors, 40T for X/Y and 60T for the Z. I had to go with steel pulleys for the motors because they were out of the aluminum ones. For the ballscrews I just went with the plastic pulleys.

Got the Y-Axis ballscrew installed last night and everything works smoothly. I lost 1/4" of travel due to the bolts on the ballnut holder. On the bright side I have all the parts for my power supply. 60V transformer, rectifier, capacitor and bleeder cap giving me an output of 80VDC. The geckos say the can take 80 so we will see. Under load the voltage should drop though.

Jermie,

You should be OK .. I was told by the Gecko people there is still headroom even at 80v.

gd.marsh

Awesome that is good to know. I didn't wanting them burning up if the voltage spiked up a little. This power supply has cost me an amazing $20 to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Flenser View Post
    Hey, that does look familiar, and you don't need to paint it green to keep it from rusting : )

The width of the block added to the thickness of the flange has to be a multiple of 5mm. You can also trim one end to get it correct. Determine how far you need to turn the nut in degrees to line the bolts up, and multiply by 5mm/360 deg. Trim that off the end, and the nuts should clamp the block tightly at the point the bolt holes line up.
    Yeah, quite familiar. (chair)

Quote Originally Posted by bogus105 View Post
    here is an oil malifold for one axis. 6mm OD / 4mm ID PE tubes for oil distribution. I plan to drive it with oil under pressure of 4bar. On top there are 3 regulation valves. Do ya think this pressure is enough?
    Seems like a lot for those plastib elbows. I had oil leaks most every day. I ended up starying a line by line replacement to hydraulic lines. I started picking up those 7 dollar grease guns and am thinking of doind some sort of steam punk super oiler, one oiler per port pushed with a pnumatic cylinder...lord knows if it will step to reality, but it is getting close. Hose management is becoming a bit ploblomatic though.

hello
    i am quzafi. i purchased bridgeport interect 700h serial no=71-092 with heidenhain TNC 2500 control. but i have no parameters of machine. and no electrical diagram of the control. plese send me parameters and electronic diagram of this control.
    i am thank full to you.
    please Guide me.

Got the X-axis mounted tonight and seems like I have a binding issue. I might have to shim the ball nut holder up a few thousands or mill a little more off of the sides....

Bummer,

I had a very tough time trying to get accurate measurements on the saddle and table .. which is why I decided to build a little adjustment into the bearing caps.

Seems like in your situation, shimming under the ballnut mount would be the quickest fix, as long as the misalignment is the same at both ends of the table.

gd.marsh

I measured the original lead screw mount to get the dimensions. I still got the x-axis off by 0.02" and had to shim. The Y was right on, though - probably beginner's luck.

I plan to eventually remake the x mount. It still has a weird misalignment that looks like it should bind, but doesn't, and I can't figure out why. The left side is slightly lower than the right on the table, but is as close to parallel with the saddle as I can measure. It may be the original bearing mounts are tilted w.r.t. the table, but just not enough to bind the original sloppy lead screw.

Thanks guys I got it shimmed and aligned but now I have some backlash even with a good about of pressure loaded between the 2 nuts. I have the flange on the end of the bed tight and the screw is not moving in the housing. I can also feel the backlash if I rotate the screw without it being on the bed. I'm guessing it is maybe .005. Any ideas whats going on?

Just a thought, but are both ballnuts fastened tightly to the mount?

yep, and the harder I crank them down it seems like the more backlash I get

I'm confused .. looking at the picture of your ballnut mount .. it appears that they are fixed solidly to either side of the block .. how can you crank them down harder with out pulling the threads in the aluminum block?

OK - Correction .. I was looking at the picture of your Y axis block .. didn't find one of the X .. so scratch that last question if it doesn't apply ..

On the X 1 nut is mounted down but the other has a small gap between itself and the holder so I could adjust the amount of pressure between the nuts.

I have the same issue with the Y axis but they are both firmly held down.. Im starting to wonder about dumping the double nut idea

So is the backlash obvious regardless of which way your turning the screw or only in 1 direction?

both directions.

oh hey btw is you goto http://www.eartaker.net on the right hand side there is a pingbox, just IM me from there if you want.

Page 7 of 29 5678917