587,943 active members*
3,146 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 70 of 587 2060686970717280120170570
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 11734
    I screen captured from the .pdf at the site. Then brought the pic into V-Carve Pro to trace. Carved the trace in black plastic in VCP, then went to Corel Photo Paint to remove the waste material.

Oh so you need vcarve to do it that fast? Great more soft ware lol. Man this is becoming never ending.Graham

Graham, read my post above. I took the picture into a paint program and cloned the part of the scan that was tore up. Then i took the saved jpg into inkscape (free) and went
    path/trace bitmap and saved it as a dxf or you can save as eps or whatever. It took about 5 min and i'm sure you can do it. If you need more help let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by myxpykalix View Post
    Graham, read my post above. I took the picture into a paint program and cloned the part of the scan that was tore up. Then i took the saved jpg into inkscape (free) and went
    path/trace bitmap and saved it as a dxf or you can save as eps or whatever. It took about 5 min and i'm sure you can do it. If you need more help let me know.
    inkscape is great for tracing clipart and pics to saving as dxf
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Cool, I have inscape on here some where, have wintopo to but when I did a one touch vectorise it came out rather bad, lots of small squares and such. ill try the inkscape. thanks.

Wow thanks for vector conversion and sharing... I think all the scroll saw patterns assemble just as 3D puzzles...It will be great to convert the complete PDF file into vector...Moreover if some body get the challenge of converting all the free patterns it will be great... There are lot of other free stuff there...please post also...
    Let see who is first machine the part and post here...

n other question we have to cut these scroll saw patterns on our router.... but when i did it with 3mm end mill cutter to pocket out waste material, the cutter left some areas where it can't get into... so what technique you will use to cut those tiny sharp edges?????
    do u will use the V-bit????? but it will just make it sharp but not thorough.......

Please share...

Quote Originally Posted by grahamshere View Post
    have wintopo to but when I did a one touch vectorise it came out rather bad,.
    ive tryed wintopo on a number of occasions and came to the conclusion it is worthless
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Free DXF - vectorink.com

SWITCHER....U evil-genious Am i right??

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Switcher... pls do the scroll saw work for all of us... we will all pray for you to be more EVIL----genious....

I don't use (mm) but I cut most of my stuff with .0625 and if I need smaller I use .0313 fish tail end mills. Just can't get them to cut deep is the only thing. .125 is about the deepest I can cut the .0313 and I usually do it in 2 passes in hardwood and 1 in softer stuff. How thick are U cutting the puzzles..??

Cheers Switcher. VCP deletes the outside of a section fine as waste material, but as of yet it does not recognise which inner cut through vectors should have their inner material deleted, so I use Corel for this inner stuff.

But I hear this might be an option in a future version, I know it's been requested on the Vectric forum a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    In VCP create an offset around your design, by selecting the outer most vector on your design, then select the "Offset Selected Vectors" select & highlight both of the outermost vectors, select "Create Pocket Toolpath" & make up an endmill that you really don't have (0.01") make the pocket cut a hair deeper than you material thickness. Select "Delete Waste Material".

I do this for all my screenshots, to delete the waste material.

In the screenshot below, everything in the red will be a thru pocket, everything outside the red area will be deleted waste material ("Delete Waste Material").

If you look real close at the first image, the line drawing has 2 green circles around it that defines the pocket area to be cut (gotta zoom in close to see it). :cheers:

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Switcher
    i tryed out the wintopo again and it does appear to be working pretty well on tracing clip art , it gives a clean dxf , the stuff ive thrown at it in the past has been pretty difficult stuff and thats where my preference to inkscape has come in to play
    i'll have to play with it a bit more

ive used http://vectormagic.com/ which was free till recently , that and inkscape combined was deadly , now the dog wants to charge for online usage which i'm sure isn t going to go over well

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    An image after ran thru vectormagic & then VCP.

It's not 3D, but works good for 2D, less than 5min. total, from screenshot to this post.

I bet you know the image?

Eddy

hey thats pretty good ,

did vector magic work for you ? it said i had to pay in order to download and i can t find anything that specifies what the cost is ??????

Page 70 of 587 2060686970717280120170570