588,386 active members*
5,058 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 75 of 131 2565737475767785125
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2602

Thanks Art - That is extremely good info

Art, just make some more signs with your router and i am sure that you can generate enough dosh to be able to holiday down under!

We use ER25 collets on our machine too. The " on size" type looks to be the way to go. We will get some.

Ours is a manual tool change machine. Your method of securing the bits in the collet and nut makes a lot of sense.

That was a very informative post. Thankyou.

Rocket.

Great Third Post Art- Welcome!

I'm looking for your first two given that one was a ripper....

Ran jobs today that required four tools and resetting the Z is a bit of a pain- was thinking there must be a better way!

I run an ER32 but no doubt the precision collets and nuts are just as freely available and I'll get a like solution.

Stick around mate, I need to learn some more stuff like that....

What do you make?

rocket

amana

http://www.amanatool.com/cnc-router-bits.html

https://www.onsrud.com/xdoc/wood

wonder what this little baby cost?
    http://www.usshoptools.com/current_y...ad/tritech.asp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mdf-profiles.jpg   mdf-profiles3.jpg   mdf-photo.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

art welcome back

what are you doing with your router.
    photos ??
    jim

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    More than your machine - probably more than two of them.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Jim, the Amana tool replaceable insert bits look similar to the ones that the local bloke is talking about. Might be a bit too expensive to start with.
    But thanks for the links. Trying to send an Email to the Aussie supplier but am getting funny messages on my hotmail. Might wait till Tuesday and just fax them. Australia Day holiday in Oz tomorrow.

Hi Jimmy, Have you heard of a business called Professional Woodworkers Supplies. They are in Melbourne and are the Aussie suppliers of Whiteside Router bits?

Rocket.

Smile your right ger

my current z hieght would not support it

might have to go out and dig up another sack though!!

offered asking price for this on friday

now we gotta fill it up. jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0700.JPG   IMG_0711.JPG  

Hartvile Tools

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    It just keeps getting better:banana::banana::cheers:!

Found the prices for those bits from Whiteside.They are listed at the Routerbits.com website.
    But it still got better! Came across a site ( using Jim`s links ) called woodworking.com and found out that Hartville tool are offering 20% dicount on Whiteside router bits until March 31!

http://www.hartvilletool.com To get the discount use code ws1x8 at checkout. Cool bananas!

Rocket.
    I live just about 30 miles from Hartville and have bought many tools from them. The people there re very helpful and they have a very large selection of tools. I called them about a CNC machine and they do not carry any but they said they do carry bits for them.

Oh Yes! Lots of space. Ripper!

Jim, if your offer was accepted - Congratulations!

Looks like it is the ex lumber yard that you wrote about. That is quite a large factory. To buy such a big complex is fantastic. Your workers will be happy as you can provide undercover parking for them.
    Lots of land will make it easy to expand further as your business grows.
    Well done mate.

Rocket.

gonna break it up

several smaller companies

stone steel architectual products got 60% intents on leases jim

oh and may be machinery!!

if i remember correct you got the small excitech and the really cool shop right jim

Yes, after solving a few problems, I like the router. As far as the shop goes, I have been adding to it for about 30 years. (The latest is my fifth shop.) It kind of grows by itself... I keep having to get rid of stuff, otherwise I wouldn't be able to get past the front door! Collecting tools is a disease... it can take over your life. Ebay doesn't help.... :cheers:

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by maxmachine View Post
    Yes, after solving a few problems, I like the router. As far as the shop goes, I have been adding to it for about 30 years. (The latest is my fifth shop.) It kind of grows by itself... I keep having to get rid of stuff, otherwise I wouldn't be able to get past the front door! Collecting tools is a disease... it can take over your life. Ebay doesn't help.... :cheers:

Mark
    He he he.

I have the same terrible thing. Surfing on web shops which has some kind of tools is called extreme sports for me I did however not just jump on my Exitech machine, it was many months of evaluation. Hopefully I don't have to much trouble when I receive my machine.

Still looking for that 4th axis...

K

max at this point

i still want a laser, however with what i have spent and the fact that we will move shop (and for those who wonder, when you are in the business,you build new one, then move and remove whats left in old one!!) it will be good if i could calm down a little too!!!, i figure it will be in 90-120 days for move and are pretty well booked out with work, some on waiting list. jim

kent and kustom when are new machines arriving ??

Jim

I have no definite date, but I was hoping to have it before Easter. But shipping up here takes 4 weeks so we'll se how it goes.

Regarding laser. I read some where (I think it was on Technos pages) that lasers was OK for 3D scanning, but touch probes would be a cheaper and better solution due to some limitations with the laser focus points..

f you where talking about laser cutter, I do understand. I would have a look for a knife holder for my machine.

Is Bill building you a custom 4th axis or are you going for a commercial one?

K

custom

4rth axis jim

4rth axis jim
    Do you mind sharing? Would it be possible to buy one from Bill and in case which price ?

K

here's one for kent

fixtureman

the router discussed here (for the most part) is availble here
    http://toolpathcncrouters.com/index.php
    in california
    jim

kent the

4rth axis i am getting is attached to table jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCP_1919.JPG  

Cool O.K. Let`s try for the 20% Discount!

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    I live just about 30 miles from Hartville and have bought many tools from them. The people there re very helpful and they have a very large selection of tools. I called them about a CNC machine and they do not carry any but they said they do carry bits for them.
    G`day fixtureman1, Thanks for joining us. I will take your recommendation on board and give them a try. Big question is - Will they ship to Australia.Can`t resist the idea of a 20% discount.

If you are looking to purchase a cnc Router then this thread is a great place to start. The choices that you have in the USA are incredible.
    Good luck with your search and if you have any questions we would be happy to oblige.

Sending an Email to Hartvilletool right now.

Rocket.

Looking good so far. Hartvilletool just sent an automatically generated email to confirm that they will send more info.

UPDATE - No go. They are not interested in sending goods internationally.

Page 75 of 131 2565737475767785125