588,686 active members*
6,172 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 79 of 131 2969777879808189129
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2602
    We have ordered a 1530 router today, Looking forward to getting it.

Shannon.

allright shannon

good for you
    after seeing rockets i am really impressed

jim

Congratulations!

Shannon - Good on yer mate! How long before you will take delivery?

Update - Our router bits that we ordered through Routerbits.com arrived several days ago. They only took one week and a day to get here which we were quite happy about. They are Whiteside bits and the quality is top notch. The patterns are not quite what we are after.
    The replaceable insert bits from the local supplier are due to arrive on Monday, and these have been made to our specifications so we should be good to go.
    We have been experimenting with the bits that we currently have and are happy with our progress.

An interesting post was put up on the forum last weekend in the Australian and New Zealand section. I have a thread titled Commercial cnc Router in S.A. . I had posted on the thread congratulating SyS-e for becoming a Excitech agent for NZ and Australia and wished them all the best. I was absolutely flabbergasted by the response from SyS-e - The reply to me was that they would be happy to arrange another purchase of an Excitech Router for me and have it delivered to me for a commission of 25% !!! HUH? Or a delivery and setup service for a 40% commission plus airfares and accommodation!!! Huh? Forum rules prevent me from posting the appropriate reply to this person.(nuts)(nuts)
    Sys-e - You are Dreamin!!
    My suggestion to anybody considering an Excitech cnc Router is to buy direct from sh-cnc in China!

Rocket.

Excitech Niggles

Hi everyone,

I am looking in the next few months to order another excitech with the auto tool changer and some other upgrades to run as a dedicated machine. I wanted to get a list together of all the little niggles and problems you excitech owners have with the machine and then submit them to Taney. Hopefully they can then fix all these before I order another machine hehe

Not only that it gives excitech a bit of constructive feedback which they may not otherwise know about, heres what ive got so far:

1. DSP cable where it goes into electrical cabinet is not good at all, needs fixing so it is clipped in properly and possibly relocating.

2. Tool sensor plastic cup mount needs fixing to be secured better.

3. Clean swarf out of gantry side plates, gears etc where they drilled through.

4. DSP needs some upgrades, I have 120 programs on it now and it takes me a lifetime to scroll through and find the one I want.

5. If at all possible dont put the vac pump on the nice flat machined vac bed when shipping as there have been problems with it not being flat anymore in that area.

Sure there is plenty more you guys can think of.

These are are relatively minor things but dont take a lot of effort to fix and we be a big help for future customers. (like me)

Ditto!

G`day Dougie, I totally agree with you on all points although we do not have a fraction of the programs on the DSP that you have.
    As you state- they are all minor problems and should be easily rectified.

Have you seen Jim`s wincnc Controller. It would be nice to have that from the factory or if that is not possible then maybe Mach3.

Rocket.

Yep, great idea (NOT)- pay a lazy 25% for a no added value drop ship.

To date all appear to have had a happy ending in direct deals with the factory and our friends in the EAST will always deal direct to secure the business- no real need to go through an agent unless thay are adding value by way of local support.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post

Update - Our router bits that we ordered through Routerbits.com arrived several days ago. They only took one week and a day to get here which we were quite happy about. They are Whiteside bits and the quality is top notch. The patterns are not quite what we are after.
    The replaceable insert bits from the local supplier are due to arrive on Monday, and these have been made to our specifications so we should be good to go.
    We have been experimenting with the bits that we currently have and are happy with our progress.

An interesting post was put up on the forum last weekend in the Australian and New Zealand section. I have a thread titled Commercial cnc Router in S.A. . I had posted on the thread congratulating SyS-e for becoming a Excitech agent for NZ and Australia and wished them all the best. I was absolutely flabbergasted by the response from SyS-e - The reply to me was that they would be happy to arrange another purchase of an Excitech Router for me and have it delivered to me for a commission of 25% !!! HUH? Or a delivery and setup service for a 40% commission plus airfares and accommodation!!! Huh? Forum rules prevent me from posting the appropriate reply to this person.(nuts)(nuts)
    Sys-e - You are Dreamin!!
    My suggestion to anybody considering an Excitech cnc Router is to buy direct from sh-cnc in China!

Rocket.

No progress there yet Jim but will get to it- jobs are comming in thjisck and fast at the moment.

Despite earlier comments concerning expected limitations in the supplied DSP controller I have to say that I am yet to find a specific issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    how you comming on conversion?

i am to be routing tommorow as we have another apartment job and vaccum is no problem with sign foam.

will be looking to purchase cabinet pro tommorrow as well

rocket how about an update, doors yet??

jim

glad to hear from you guys

been wondering if we were still alive around here!

yes jobs are thick and comming in here too!!

sadly i have had 8 of what i would consider great to master cabinetmakers come in here looking for work, the us econ will survive this but the residential cabinet shops that put there faith in kitchens only are hurtin here

will be routing in a few more video and photos

got all my bits, and rocket i have heard from kustom and spoke to him on the phone, it's 10 degrees there in fargo and he is waitng in machine, i can tell he's gonna be a great file writer

jim

I am not sure of the delivery date, Taney will give me one at some stage. They have Chinese new year holidays over there so that will slow things down a little. I am not in a tearing hurry though.

Glad to here your router bits have turned up fine.

Shannon.

Economy - Down in USA - Australia to follow?

Jim, We are a bit concerned at the moment. Although we are busy right now the outlook is not good. Therefore we are concentrating on maximising our workload while we can.
    Strange thing is that while interest rates are being cut in the USA ours have just increased again. Seems that our government is trying to slow inflation here. House prices are at record highs -something has to give.
    The lowest price for an outer suburban house here is over $200,000.
    I have checked out prices in the USA and see lots of homes around $50,000.
    Worldwide share markets are taking a hammering and there could be a big crash coming soon.
    I don`t like to sound like a prophet of doom - but start putting your money away fellas.

Rocket.

I have checked out prices in the USA and see lots of homes around $50,000.
    Not anywhere near any major cities, or nothing you'd want to live in.

The cheapest homes around here are about $100,000, down about $50K over the last year or two. There are hundreds of houses for sale, nobody's buying. 2 houses on my street have been for sale for 2 years.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I used to work in the wood working industry, when the housing market was slow people spent their money on house furnishing and cars etc. I would expect to see the money that would normally be spent on houses, spent on other things. IMHO but what would I know

Shannon.

Rocket,
    can see why Aussies can afford CNC routers.Townhouse in Toronto Canada,$400,000 starting price,old rundown house$325,000.Suburban can be as much and higher as no one wants to live in the city.Work space rent is $5,000/month for 5,000sq/ft plus hydro and gas.I should move to Aussie land and learn the language.Are aliens from Canada accepted in Aussie?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drink.gif  
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

House prices and Aliens

G`day Igalla, Aliens from Canada and USA are more than welcome in Oz. Over the last ten years our government had welcomed Aliens from other parts of the planet and we worry that they have brought their customs and religions with them - there may be a price to pay in the not too distant future. Look at the current dispute in the UK over Sharia law, this sort of thing happening in the western world is very frightening.

House prices on the Eastern seaboard - Melbourne,Sydney, Brisbane are on a par with your Canadian prices. In Adelaide we have always had lower cost housing, but a lot of investors from the Eastern states are buying investment property via the internet which has driven up prices to the current levels.
    Many people have redraw facilities on their home loans and have been using these to buy new cars, home extensions etc. Add to this the massive credit card debt and rising interest rates and you have a recipe for impending financial disaster. The bubble will burst one day soon.
    Gerry states that homes near major USA cities (outlying areas) are around $100,000. This is affordable for young couples starting out and is really what the same property here should be selling for.
    So pack up your belongings, come to OZ and rent until the bubble bursts.Then you should be able to buy at realistic prices.
    No need to learn the language - half the people here can`t speak english anyway. Just learn about Aussie rules, ask for a pint of VB at the pub and fire up the barbie for yor dinner and you are one of us.
    You can even order your Excitech cnc Router to be delivered when you arrive.

Rocket.

Gerry states that homes near major USA cities (outlying areas) are around $100,000. This is affordable for young couples starting out and is really what the same property here should be selling for.
    Not all major US cities. I live near Detroit, which is possibly the hardest hit are economically in the country. $100K will get you a 50-80 year old home in some areas. Two years ago, it was almost impossible to buy a new home for under $250K. Today, they are not building ANY new homes at all due to the poor economy.

I'm pretty sure that near a lot of major US cities, home prices are probably still closer to $200K, but they are starting to fall fast all over the country. Millions of peoples homes are now worth far less than they owe on them, leading to millions of homes that can't be sold, and millions more going into foreclosure. On the news a few days ago was a story about a new California neighborhood where about 75% of the homes were either for sale or in foreclosure, and no buyers for them.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

is this a cnc forum or a housing reform..? prices everywhere are rediculus do to the increasing greed of Realtors, contractors, suppliers, raw good manufacturers and goverments this is the reason we are all in this situation. Higher prices driven by GREED!! it takes just as long to build a house today as 50 years ago actually faster do to the technology but we all want more money to do our job so we can aford the over priced goods and services that plaque us all. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by KustomKoncepts View Post
    is this a cnc forum or a housing reform..? prices everywhere are rediculus do to the increasing greed of Realtors, contractors, suppliers, raw good manufacturers and goverments this is the reason we are all in this situation. Higher prices driven by GREED!! it takes just as long to build a house today as 50 years ago actually faster do to the technology but we all want more money to do our job so we can aford the over priced goods and services that plaque us all. IMHO

Capitalism is based on greed.

Actually IMO the government has too much of a hand in the economy and that is leading to the problems we are having. A Capitalistic society by design will go through expansions and contractions as the market evolves. The government has intervened through it's fed policies to try to eliminate the variations but in the end will more than likely make matters worse.

Back to the CNC side.

Kustom- How long before you get your machine?

welcome back kustom

has it thawed out there yet??

it amazes me too the subjects we get into here i know it benifits us all eventually.

machine is carvin away and i will try and run your files tommorrow, as this apartment job has taught me a few things

#1 do not start job with lightweight signfoam forget to turn on vaccum and go to movies with daughter!!!!

jim

huf said.

They told me the 18th but looks more like 22nd or 23rd hopfully. it is in welding right now and they said they are waiting on parts.

they made some changes in the 2008 machines that brags 1200 in min. I want to see it cut something at that speed it is most likely not going to do that. With the changes I figure they are using diferent servos or different ball screws they won't say but that must be the new parts they are waiting on. I didn't really want to be the first one with the faster speed model, incase there are problems with the new design and I will become the gunie pig.

jim no its brisk out. -7 with -31 wind chill. It is cold up here but we deal with the cold its bearable compared to what is happening around the world with terible weather this season.

I see the floods in ohio and the tornados in the south record cold in china and floods world wide. Our prayers go out to those lost.

Page 79 of 131 2969777879808189129