588,658 active members*
6,379 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 89 of 131 3979878889909199
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2602
    Jim,

Here is our basic design. Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jim,

Nice pictures, nice cabinets. What is the dado running down the back of the gable ends for. Looks like you are using dado construction, how do you handle the round inside corners on the dado, are you just cutting the bottoms and stretchers back so that they don't go into the rounded corner? That looks like 3mm PVC edge banding, out of curiosity what machine are you running, does it have scrapping and buffing stations?

Spencer.

we have

a brandt kd54 we bought new in 02 and ir runs like a champ, that is 1mm pvc in black as we are using empire mohogany on fronts.

for the mortise construction of your cabinetry i believe the cabinetpro will be more what your looking for you may want to contact ryan at cabinetpartspro and shoe him you method, or call frank at cabinetpro at 7000.00 his program is capable of a lot.

we are still pretty new to cnc and are feeling our way thru the software as i have cabnetware designer but the cnc upgrade is 23000.00$

will probably muddle along until the iwf before purchasing next step.

the dado in back of cab is for 1/4 backs

jim

You guys might want to take a good look at Pattern Systems Product Planner and Drill Mate. That's what we use. We do jobs with hundreds of cabinets, and build everything to custom sizes. Somewhere under $10k for those, but no drawing capabilities unless you spend a few $K more.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

yes

i looked at pattern systems in 99, i believe it is now owned bu 20/20 and i wish i had not sold my 20/20, probably could have traded it in!!

is PS primarily casework only or will it place crowns and door designs??

jim

yes gerry

here is brochure
    http://www.2020technologies.com/uplo...aw%20Power.pdf

here is where you buy it

http://www.2020technologies.com/prod...r_2d_-_3d.aspx

i am gioing to look at it thanks jim

tool changer video

on camaster site support forum
    at bottom

(i do like the music)

http://camaster.com/cs/forums/thread/141.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post

is PS primarily casework only or will it place crowns and door designs??

jim
    Casework mainly, but it can cut parts for frame and panel doors.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

It finally seems like my baby it's on it's way. I guess some weeks aboard a ship is required so hopefully at the end of the month. Christmas came early this year

K

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    new dust foot with long pvc pipe to get hose clear of spindle

jim
    Very nicely done.

Mark

good for you kent

every day is a new ahha moment with the cnc now.

thanks max it was yours that inspired me

oh an i returned grainger brush, too stiff and did not fit in holder at all

home depot brush was best !!! jim

Excitech fowarding to factory new

Hello to everyone, have been lurking for a while, have leasrned more here in a week than two months. Like Kustom i have gone back and forth. I contacted exitech looking for a quote, and to my surprise got a call from factory new to give me a quote. So i guess "factory direct" in the US is now Factory new so much for direct savings. Any thoughts

hey all

we were dissussing dust safety on kustoms thread earlier and just ttoday there has been a major millwork fire here in the southeast. this firm is also a member of our carolinas chapter of the awi. keep your sawdust to a minimum and out of the building. two firefighters were lost

http://www.wsoctv.com/index.html

thanks jim

welcome david factory new is the same router just more money!! there are dealers in california and around the us, my machine is built in lafayette ga by wwwcamaster.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0136.JPG   biggg-1.jpg   untitled-1.jpg  

That is odd, I have been dealing with Taney at Excitech and they have quoted me directly. He is away right now so maybe that is why. He is at a trade show and was planning on being back in his office by March 13th. Try sending him an email at [email protected] , he responds very quickly even over weekends, and is excellent to deal with.

We are in Canada and Excitech can supply the machine at 220V/3Ph 60Hz which works fine at 120/208V. He even sent me a CE certificate so we won't need to have it independently approved by CSA or CUL.

Freight is very reasonable and after it is all done we will be paying 35k for a machine that would run you at least 70k from any manufacturer in North America. i think they are excellent value. We are even buying an edge bander from China as well.

Hope that helps,

Spencer.

I worked in a woodworking factory for 10 years, we had two minor fires that came close to destroying the whole factory, dust disposal is very important. A clean workspace is also safer and give a good image too.

Shannon.

Always think - Safety First.

Jim, very sad to hear of the death of two firemen in a fire at a woodworking shop. I am sure that we all worry about safety in the workshop. In our case we handle many sheets of mirror every day and i am always terrified at the thought of somebody tripping over and cutting themselves badly. We make the workers wear leather gloves when handling mirror. They are special gloves that also cover the wrist area. Every now and again they get lazy and stop wearing them, then they get annoyed when we remind them that they must use them at all times. One day the message will become clear to them!
    As far as sawdust is concerned we are vigilant in keeping the floors and machines as dust free as possible. I was very concerned at seeing Kustom`s machine and floor with so much sawdust. One spark or cigarette thrown on the floor and up she goes! He is a smart bloke so i am sure he will fix the potential problem forthwith.

Rocket.

Dealing direct with sh-cnc

Daviddansky, Thanks for joining us.
    I agree with BC-CNC. Best to deal through Taney as he is totally on the ball. If you have any difficulty getting through to him on the Email that BC-CNC posted - he is also on this email address [email protected]

If you are close to them - camaster also are on the ball and would be worth talking to. Jim also posted about an Excitech reseller in California that have prices listed on their website. I believe that factory new sell a modified version of the Excitech so probably worth getting their quote also.
    As an Excitech owner i can say that we are extremely proud to own it and they are superb value for money.
    Great choice of machine.

Rocket.

Unhappy Measurements

G`day Shannon, You want to kick me?
    I totally forgot to get those measurements for you! It is a holiday on monday for us so i will take them on tuesday morning and email them to you.
    Your machine must be due to arrive very soon now. Getting excited?

Rocket.

Might be that the factory new people are suggesting to their freinds in china that the agent rights aren't worth much if the manufacturer chooses to deal directly in their patch..... Knowing the Chinese if you persist they will supply you on the basis you don't tell the local agent.

You will want to hope that they offer to provide warranty assistance, the machine will likely end up costing you more in the long run otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by BC-CNC View Post
    That is odd, I have been dealing with Taney at Excitech and they have quoted me directly. He is away right now so maybe that is why. He is at a trade show and was planning on being back in his office by March 13th. Try sending him an email at [email protected] , he responds very quickly even over weekends, and is excellent to deal with.

We are in Canada and Excitech can supply the machine at 220V/3Ph 60Hz which works fine at 120/208V. He even sent me a CE certificate so we won't need to have it independently approved by CSA or CUL.

Freight is very reasonable and after it is all done we will be paying 35k for a machine that would run you at least 70k from any manufacturer in North America. i think they are excellent value. We are even buying an edge bander from China as well.

Hope that helps,

Spencer.

The stepper drives are 110v 1phase (220V machines have stepdown transformers installed). DSP supply transformer has multi tapped primary with a 110V config option. From memory the 1 phase spindle drives can me 110v or 220v but you may be limited to a 4kw spindle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy007 View Post
    Might be that the factory new people are suggesting to their freinds in china that the agent rights aren't worth much if the manufacturer chooses to deal directly in their patch..... Knowing the Chinese if you persist they will supply you on the basis you don't tell the local agent.

You will want to hope that they offer to provide warranty assistance, the machine will likely end up costing you more in the long run otherwise.

Page 89 of 131 3979878889909199