587,553 active members*
3,188 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bobcad and Censorship

I received an email today alerting me to a new message in this Bobcad section titled "I Want a Refund".

This thread has been deleted by (I assume) the moderator.

At nearly the same time two new threads have been started by a Bobcad representative promising fixes for the multitude of existing problems.

The whole thing seems a little fishy to me.

Censorship Sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I noticed they deleted that thread too.

Cannon Fodder

What's the problem?

Clockwork, I find it hard to believe that you would have a problem with me telling you that there was a patch coming soon with fixes and enhancements in it. "fishy"...What's your problem mate! You should take that as a good thing. Some communication that there are some fixes and new features coming. Unreal!

CNCdude

Acually, BobCad should take a hard look at it's marketing strategy, which is structured like cheap telemarketing. I've been bugged alot by these guys, and their scripted pressure tactics. It's a substandard product, with an out-of date sales/support strategy.

Just because you may not like what we say, it is not appropriate to squash discontent by erasing the record.

CNCdude, are you in any way financially tied to Bobcad?

cheers
    ----------------
    Can't Fix Stupid

CONFLICT OF INTEREST

Actually its not censoring !
    It is a Conflict Of Interest !!!
    I don't know how, but there is a moderator (Chris Corbell - AKA CNCdude) who deleted
    the post ! And he is a BCC employee, so if he sees something he doesn't
    like he deletes the entire post !! Somebody also closed the looking back
    would you upgrade thread. Now that is very fishy.
    The sofware has been out for almost 16 months, and now looking for upgrade
    #16, Hmm released way too early is out of the question, its positive.

This will probably get deleted to, I might talk to the owner and see what will be done

Cam1, request to be taken off of their call list so that you do not receive any more calls. Talk to a supervisor...talk to me even. I am going to moderate these threads and keep them on track and productive. If I see that there may be someone trashing another or flaming in any way I will shut it down. This isn't a place to air out your anger. How about a little responsibility on your part. Call me, IM me but keep it clean!

CNC dude

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post

This thread has been deleted by (I assume) the moderator.

Censorship Sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    like i said in the other thread ,

i have not seen any good results come toward anyone wanting a refund , the complaints are usually the same , bobcad's response is always the same ,the end result is usually the same ,
    end result being the post is deleted and people are being shut up of their CRY FOR HELP
    i'm surprised the thread lasted as long as it did
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

I can only account for one person that has gotten a Refund. He was charged a restocking fee too.

The real kicker is the Not only did I pay for my V2007 Mill and Lathe Level 3, Predator Virtual CNC Level 3, the Predator Editor Level 2, and Beta Tested For FEE.

Bobcad is now requesting that I return all software and hardware saying that these items were given to me for FREE. They better check their records because everything is paid for by credit card with the receipts of purchases.

Good Luck BobCAD, your going to need it after this one.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com