588,184 active members*
4,230 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

spindle doesn't turn

I hope this is in the correct forum..

I'm new to the CNC world, but have managed to cut a couple of wood items. Then, I went to curve on a thin board, and I allowed the spindle to go to deep into the waste board, heard a pop in the electronics' cabinet.
    Now when I power up the unit, I hear the spindle whine, turn about 1/2 turn then stop. I have an error E013 on the Fuling unit.
    I have no idea if that error is causing the problem, and if so, how to reset it, even after reading the Fuling manual, since I control everything with a PC and Mach3.
    The spindle is free to turn by hand. And all motion control is working okay.

My wife has a list of items for Mother’s day for me to make to justify the money I spent for this CNC. Thankfully, she doesn’t know the real amount, or I would never get out of the shed….

Any suggestions, in layman terms, will be appreciated.

Re: spindle doesn't turn

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue right now. Did you find a solution?

Turns out the Fuling inverter had a blown rectifier. Finally found a message on an old Fuling web site with the answer. Of course, that was my last choice, so I now have a spare spindle and a spare AKZ250 motion control board, and a spare dead inverter.

The nice thing about it, if there is one, I know know the inside workings of this thing a lot better.

Sad to report that the company I bought it from, Jinan RODEO CNC Machinery Co., Ltd. was no help and get answering my e-mail as soon as I said warranty. I still plan to package up the bad inverter and sending it to them, maybe they will feel sorry and send me a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by The_caveman View Post
    Turns out the Fuling inverter had a blown rectifier. Finally found a message on an old Fuling web site with the answer. Of course, that was my last choice, so I now have a spare spindle and a spare AKZ250 motion control board, and a spare dead inverter.

The nice thing about it, if there is one, I know know the inside workings of this thing a lot better.

Sad to report that the company I bought it from, Jinan RODEO CNC Machinery Co., Ltd. was no help and get answering my e-mail as soon as I said warranty. I still plan to package up the bad inverter and sending it to them, maybe they will feel sorry and send me a spare.
    The bad inverter went bad from not having the correct parameters set, your new one will do the same unless you set all the basic motor spec parameters correct, the Fuling VFD is very well built, and are hard to damage because of the built in protection, no VFD can overcome some things, when there parameters are set incorrect
    Mactec54