586,640 active members*
2,501 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > ER16 "Quick" Change Collet Chuck System

Hybrid View

Re: ER16 "Quick" Change Collet Chuck System

Marty mind if I share these on the Sherline site? I have a set of the Dyna's and always thought they were a great idea.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    Marty mind if I share these on the Sherline site? I have a set of the Dyna's and always thought they were a great idea.
    Not a problem at all. I just used the Dyna Dm2400 as a basis for the design. They may be helpful for all bench mills with an ER16 spindle taper. Though I don't know which machines had those.
    They do eat a little bit of "daylight" under the spindle, but that's not a problem for the DM2x00 series because of their spindle head post.

I felt doing ER16 collet chucks were the most flexible holder so went with those.

Thanks!
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Escarcega View Post
    Not a problem at all. I just used the Dyna Dm2400 as a basis for the design. They may be helpful for all bench mills with an ER16 spindle taper. Though I don't know which machines had those.
    They do eat a little bit of "daylight" under the spindle, but that's not a problem for the DM2x00 series because of their spindle head post.

I felt doing ER16 collet chucks were the most flexible holder so went with those.

Thanks!
    Marty
    An interesting concept it is similar to the Kwik-Switch system that was used on some Bridgeport mills just a lot smaller
    Mactec54