587,482 active members*
3,128 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: XZero CNC

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    interesting method.
    i need to start with a fairly flat table, because the machine cant run wide enough to mill its own table.
    Hmmm, thats odd. Why build the table bigger than the machine can surface? If you cant surface it, you cant cut to the size of the table either...

Scott...

Quote Originally Posted by sagreen View Post
    Hmmm, thats odd. Why build the table bigger than the machine can surface? If you cant surface it, you cant cut to the size of the table either...

Scott...
    a few reasons. first and most obvious is that the machine travel is 19.25" in the Y give or take, yet you need a 21" table to properly span the machines main extrusions, and 23" to provide a little cover over the X rails.

i also have the table 44" long, where the machine travels 28.75" in the X. this is because i have my clamps outside the cutting area.

i *could* surface the inner portion of the table separately, but then you have a ridge all the way around which is of no use to me. i could also use a big fly cutter to surface the side edges, but it still wont reach the ends on the X.

as luck would have it, the pvc sheet is very flat - well within the flatness of my need for guitars. so all i need to be concerned with is leveling.

ViperX machine

Hi,

The ViperX machine with photos posted recently looks nice. Can you post the pricing for it please, and what sizes it's available in?

Thanks!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dwolsten View Post
    Hi,

The ViperX machine with photos posted recently looks nice. Can you post the pricing for it please, and what sizes it's available in?

Thanks!
    Dan
    you should email him for the price as it tends to fluctuate a little.

New high pitch high speed ballnuts for 20mm turn screws

XZero cnc

Quote Originally Posted by gio666 View Post
    New high pitch high speed ballnuts for 20mm turn screws

Would be nice to have these on my machine!

Scott...

Most of the time when i get the machining done overseas the always to big still , but was not worried about getting them redone , this time they didn't even machined close to the drawing and came far to short for the 40x wide machines

XZero cnc

Also can not post prices on the forum like other threads , i don't want to get another thread closed
    XZero cnc

Most of the time when i get the machining done overseas the always to big still , but was not worried about getting them redone , this time they didn't even machined close to the drawing and came far to short for the 40x wide machines

George

I dont see where you give an overall dimension of the length of the ballscrew? Do you specify somewhere the length of the ballscrew between machined ends? Just curious how one specs end machining on ballscrews.

Exclamation Machining

Is the quality of these ballscrews in the picture typical of what I should expect on my 40 x 60 ?