588,390 active members*
5,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Where Are The Fixed Gantry Threads?

Hi Guys,

I have been searching for 8020 type, fixed gantry router build threads but for some reason am not finding anything. I know I read some nice threads here a while back. Does anyone have links to a couple of them? The search feature is not working for me....

I was about to start a moving gantry build until I toured Milltronics this past week. They had some very cool fixed gantry mills and at the moment am thinking that is what I need to build.

Thanks,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by RTP_Burnsville View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have been searching for 8020 type, fixed gantry router build threads but for some reason am not finding anything. I know I read some nice threads here a while back. Does anyone have links to a couple of them? The search feature is not working for me....

I was about to start a moving gantry build until I toured Milltronics this past week. They had some very cool fixed gantry mills and at the moment am thinking that is what I need to build.

Thanks,
    Robert
    Go one level up from here and search for Microcarve for his small MDF machines. There are some others being built from extrusions but I don't remember which ones they are. Search for "fixed gantry" or "fixed gantry router" and leave off the word "mill".

Also look for "widgetmaster".

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

CNC Lurker,

Thanks for the link, that is one of the threads I read in the past but could not find again.

Yes, I tried various searches but they just return either nothing or totally unrelated things.

Robert

Searches could be better if the thread titles were more descriptive, but with limited character space it's hard to do that. My build titles no longer match the type of machine I started building due to so many design changes along the way to making it useable.

CarveOne
    CarveOne
    http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Fixed Gantry Router Plans

Enclosed are Descriptive Drawings of an arrangement of the parts for building
    a fixed gantry machine ( BRIDGE MILL).
    The idea was to design a 5 axis configuration but I only built 3 axis'.

I mentioned the design on my Bench Mill thread, but think it might inspire viewers
    of the "CNC Wood Router Project Log " to take note and improve on my design!
    I'm hopeful it could be constructed in any sound material although I used Steel & Aluminum Plate.

W.Smith Mission Viejo, CA
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...including.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5 Axis Mill - 1.jpg   5 Axis Mill-2.jpg   5 Axis Mill - 3.jpg   Bridge Mill-1.jpg  

Bridge Mill-2.jpg   Bridge Mill-3.jpg