588,390 active members*
5,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Hitachi Seiki with Yasnac LX1

Hitachi Seiki with Yasnac LX1

I am trying to find someone I can collaberate with on a HS HT20 with a yasnac LX1 controller. I am having a hard time finding someone. Mike.

I've used an mx3 yasnak, if that helps. Is this a lathe or mill

I worked with HS HT20 and HT40 for 5years, but don't ask me anything about the machine parameter. The machines are working great, I haven't attempt to change anything since day one.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Thanks guys for the response. I need to be able to ramp my spindle up and down on stopping and going instead of full speed or dead stop at once. It is blowing out my output trasistors and they are 400 dallers each. Too much current stopping and going like this. I think I have a sick machine. Its a HS HT20, lathe. I like its accuracy. It has other issues that I will bring up in time but need to get this resolved first. Appreciate any help. Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by besc View Post
    I am trying to find someone I can collaberate with on a HS HT20 with a yasnac LX1 controller. I am having a hard time finding someone. Mike.
    Mike,you are going to specify what kind of calibration-ie:axis,main drive,
    pitch error?
    JDC

Well as stated above I need to know if there is a parameter for setting a rammp up and ramp down on the spindle starting and stopping. This starting and stopping on a dime is causing damage to the drive board. Cant remember what error mesage it is but if I do it too often I have to buy new expensive output transistors. A slow up and down speed would certanly be nice, if I am able to achieve this. Thanks. Mike.

It sounds to me like your spindle drive is bad. Unless you suspect somone has fiddeled with the acc./dec. parameters. Otherwise try swaping the drive with a known good one and see if the prob. goes away. If you don't have one to swap with you may have to send the drive out for repairs etc.

Hmm. So there is no parameter to set so I can slowdown the acc/dec of the spindle drive. They want 800.00 before they even look at the board. Mike.

I think your spindle motor is number, we had a simular problem and it cost us $3200 to fix. Then my vice president decided to sell the machine and get new Mori instead fix them and I don't think there is parameter to control it.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

There are parameters for acc./dec. etc. but they don't "unset" them selves. Also if the drive is bad adjusting the parameters won't change anything. I take it you don't have one to swap with?

No. Dont have one to swap with. I get around the problem by putting in incremental Sxxx commands(S100,S200 etc) but this is a real hassel. Wish I knew the parameters. Thanks. Mike.

Yasnak LX-1

Quote Originally Posted by besc View Post
    No. Dont have one to swap with. I get around the problem by putting in incremental Sxxx commands(S100,S200 etc) but this is a real hassel. Wish I knew the parameters. Thanks. Mike.
    Mike,You have a slight problem with the-improper set on your
    Torque limit settings the ones with time base Accell&Decell
    on your drive its' self.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC View Post
    Mike,you are going to specify what kind of calibration-ie:axis,main drive,
    pitch error?
    JDC
    Mike I have a list for machine drive constants.

JDC. Thanks a bunch. This may be a great beginning for me. My email is

[email protected]

JDC. Pls sent the parameters of yasnac LX1 Hitachi seiki HT20. My email [email protected]. Thank you very much.
    hoanganh94.