588,495 active members*
4,735 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Material Technology > Glass, Plastic and Stone > Where can I buy plastic designs from?

Where can I buy plastic designs from?

Hi,

I'm not sure I'm in the right forum for this but I hope someone can steer me in the right direction. I have a design for plastic hangers that I would like to have produced in smaller quantities. Does anyone know someone who they could recommend that either work out of europe/asia or at least can ship to Europe?

I don't get it, do you require a workshop outside Europe or can it be located here?
    The production itself is a minor cost compared to the making of the mold. If you wanna cut the costs you should hire a production line in Asia (or somewhere else) or at least let them make the tools. If you wanna get short production times and keep the design by yourself, hire a Swedish workshop. I can burp a bunch of companies that can help you "at home".

And for sure, there are people here that you can hire. Make a post in the RFQ forum at http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74 or at http://rfqwork.com. Don't forget to read the sticky's first.

Regards,
    Sven

Okay, so getting the mold made is what costs most, why is that? (Spare yourself the time if it can't be explained in a nutshell)

If I want it cheap I should turn to Asian fabricators.

But if I want get them fast and keep the design to myself I should look for one locally. Why is that? I get the faster bit but how come I cant keep the design to myself if I turn to Asia? Is it a patent thing or what?

Okay, seeing I'm just starting out I'd be grateful for any companies that you could refer me to in Sweden.

Cheers!

Hangers

Hi,
    It's nice you have a design of your own, but looking into the BIG market you have, I suggest you go out for both mold making and molding from India. To keep the design as "yours" and not sell the parts or mold to anyone, there is always terms and conditions signed by both the producer and the buyer (you). So I dont think there would be any problem in going ahead with molding them from India

The rest of this post is removed according to the forum rules. Please follow them when posting.
    This is a forum of ideas, so advertisements are not allowed in this venue. A member may answer another members question about their occupation or business; however, if you are a rep, manufacturer, distributor or retailer for any product you cannot solicit, offer, promote, or market this product in the discussion forums. Offering support or technical answers for the item being discussed is permitted based on the criteria listed above. Please seek out the advertising information CNCzone has available to promote your products.
    Chan Luci, Techie
    www.custompartsonline.com

Quote Originally Posted by noac View Post
    Hi,

I'm not sure I'm in the right forum for this but I hope someone can steer me in the right direction. I have a design for plastic hangers that I would like to have produced in large quantities. Does anyone know someone who they could recommend that either work out of europe/asia or at least can ship to Europe?

EDIT, i dont want to go againts forum rules.

If you are interested please PM me, this is the sort of thing that we do very well.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Live free or die

plastic hangers

I have posted my technical reply for Noac to his email ID. Hope he gets it.
    My reply was to get them laser cut using acrylic white (Noac wants less volume) and buff the edges to smoothness.
    Chan Luci, Techie
    www.custompartsonline.com