588,089 active members*
5,024 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Punch tool offsets

Hello,

I am in charge of a whitney with a Fanuc 18i-P. I am wanting to add tool offsets so we no longer have to add the dimensions of the die to our g-code. I have tried to use g10 command to add the offset but every time I get a improper gcode error. When the offset/settings key is press only the offset and settings menu are available. No work, macro, tool life, tool registration screen or any other options other than the software operators screen. I called Fanuc and they were puzzled.The tech thought it might be a parameter issue but I could not find a parameter related to this issue. The machine was bought second hand and the punch company has no records of the current controller being installed. I will try g41 but I am worried since we use square dies that the offset will be slightly off.

Re: Punch tool offsets

Sounds like you need to have a Fanuc option turned on to me. These are parameters that only the machine tool builder can turn on. Fanuc will under some circumstances but they don't like doing it. You don't have private messaging turned on in this forum so I can't discuss any further as it's against this forum’s policy to discuss Fanuc options.