588,672 active members*
6,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Anyone familier with (KipwareM cnc prog)

Anyone familier with (KipwareM cnc prog)

I purchased a cnc prog from Kentech inc titled KipwareM, are there any members familier with this program?,

.......................Edmund..............Alberta ............Canada
    Edmund

Yes, I use it and have found it very satisfactory. I mainly use it for fast turn around on simple parts.

I purchased it over a year ago and have tried to master it but being a novice at this kind of thing have not had much luck in useing it, I thought that being partly conversational it would be easier, most of the projects I have completed have been done by AutoCad and loaded into Mach1Mach2 as DXF files, now I am working on E.T.Westburys Sealion, and Im about to machine The inside of the pistons, so Im thinking that Kipware would work better for me than trying to do a solid in AutoCad,
    my being confused with that opperation also, perhaps you could advise me?,
    Edmund

I use KipwareXC
    We run low volume, high mix production operation.
    95% Aluminum parts, constant process improvements, Mfg designs are Ballock Fixtures and take an average of 20 minutes to swap (JIT for best delivery / scheduling)...

With 4 different CNC controls, and our value added "on the machine" edits we need the ability to take that CNC program writen for one machine, and convert that program to run on another CNC.

That's where KipwareXC comes in. Convertions are quick and a programmer is not required for this operation anymore. If you can operate a PC, you can convert a CNC program for one CNC to run on another CNC. No requirment to go back into CAM.
    Ideally the program edits made at the CNC should be brought into the CAM file, then post processed for another CNC, but we just don't have the time! I gotta go, there's the next job that's gotta get programmed breathing down my neck...

I just don't have time to do manual convertions anymore, Now I don't have to,
    Scott_bob

Hi Guys,

i have just taken delivery of Kipware M. And while it reminds me of the old DOS days, it seem to have the goods for some of the things I want to do. I will be running my programs thru a Mikini at home, and really, I don't expect to do anything complicated. But the idea behinf conversational programming is good. It seems to cover most things. You just have to try a few things above the surface to get how it works. If you are careful it should be good. I need to brush up on a few things about codes for the mach 3 (Fanuc) control.
    Looking forward to it. I must say givem how popular I thought it would be, there doesn't seem to be too many of us. Oh well. regards

I can't say enough good things about Ken, Kentech, and especially KipwareXC. I recommend that all of my customers consider purchasing KipwareM, as it is a great, fast way for shopfloor programming of simple tooling fixtures.