587,227 active members*
2,941 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > Need Help! upgrading a Larken System 600ls

Need Help! upgrading a Larken System 600ls

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm tired of having to deal with the slow and unpractical dos based Lcam. I've asked Larken questions about upgrading to windows software and this is what I've been told
    We could do a Starcam upgrade ($500) but it doesn't home each side of the X axis separatly.

Some people convert our older dos machines using Mach3.

Larry K
    Question back: what happens when both sides are not homed together?

You would have to put a solid stop on each side of the machine (on X- end) and pull the gantry up against that before you turn the controller on to square it up.

larry K
    Question: what kind of process is it to convert to Mach3?
    For converting to mach 3 you would need to modify the existing interface board or put a mach3 interface ( break out board ) in it. Im not very familiar with mach3.

Larry K

Question back: Where can I find information about converting to Mach3?
    I've gotten no answer, just left hanging, kinda like the answer I got about home both switches

Does anybody have any answers for me or anywhere they could direct me? I design in EnRoute Pro but is is not very compadible with the DOS based Lcam. I can't do any 3d or even multiple layers of the same cut without reloading and setting a new depth.
    Thanks for any help,
    Eric

if this is the wrong forum or if there is a better place to put this please let me know

I understand it has been quite some time, but have you resolved your issues with converting to Mach3 from LCam?