588,117 active members*
5,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > CNC BBQ North Carolina?
Page 1 of 2 12

CNC BBQ North Carolina?

Hey I just learned about Benny's CNC BBQ I was wondering who wants to go first in NC.
    I live in Western NC.
    I have already put out a feeler on Mach Forum but Benny suggested that I do it here as well.

Let me know!
    Regards.

Sent you a private message.
    I live in Morganton

Jerry

I would probably be up for it. I live in Hickory.

Go for it guys, youll not regret it.
    I still say set a date and venue now and stick with it. That allows people to plan to be there.

Cnc Bbq Nc

Quote Originally Posted by CNCRob
    I would probably be up for it. I live in Hickory.
    Are you the same person on the Mach Forum?
    If not then we have two guys with machines in Hickory.
    That is cool.

I have had a couple of response on the Mach Forum.
    If some one does not give a day soon I am willing to host one at my place on Any Saturday or Sunday throughout May.
    What do you say guys?
    I am not a very skilled machinist I am an art jeweler with one Taig and a MicroMill (incomplete).
    Regards,
    eric

Quote Originally Posted by ynneb
    Go for it guys, youll not regret it.
    I still say set a date and venue now and stick with it. That allows people to plan to be there.
    Thanks we are trying!

Quote Originally Posted by nattyone960
    I am not a very skilled machinist I am an art jeweler Regards,

eric
    Well, I am not a machinist either, but have experience with CNC electronics.

I am an electronics engineer.

Jerry

Milling Grilling Get Together-June

Okay here is my suggestion between June 30-July 1, 2006 there will be a custom Bike and Car show that will take place in the Arts District, Downtown Winston Salem I think this would be a good time for a Milling-n-Grilling Get together.

Here is the site for The Heavy Rebel Weekender, so you can see what is planned for that weekend.

http://www.heavyrebel.net/Info.html

I will post the same on Mach Forum to see if the others respondents like the idea.

I live in Hickory. The June 30-July 1 weekend would work for me. Sooner would be good but I have a lot of boy scout obligations alos. I would love to meet with other cnc guys in western NC.
    Dave
    In the words of the Toolman--If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours!
    Remember- done beats perfect every time!!

Great lots of guy in Hickory.
    Well I am ready.
    I can meet sooner if possible.
    On the THRW, we could have our meet be one of the attractions.
    regards,
    eric

It may be me, My user name is CNCRob on there as well, I don't think I have ever made any post though. What town are you in(or close to).

Quote Originally Posted by nattyone960
    Are you the same person on the Mach Forum?
    If not then we have two guys with machines in Hickory.
    That is cool.

I have had a couple of response on the Mach Forum.
    If some one does not give a day soon I am willing to host one at my place on Any Saturday or Sunday throughout May.
    What do you say guys?
    I am not a very skilled machinist I am an art jeweler with one Taig and a MicroMill (incomplete).
    Regards,
    eric

Quote Originally Posted by CNCRob
    It may be me, My user name is CNCRob on there as well, I don't think I have ever made any post though. What town are you in(or close to).
    No it was another guy he was about 10 miles out of Hickory.
    I am in Winston Salem.
    Regards,
    eric

If it's going to be on a Saturday or Sunday, count me in! I live in Siler City (Chatham County).

Anybody know?:
    CerealKiller2 (Monroe NC)
    btarro (Matthews NC)
    Les Harrison (Raleigh NC)
    Mike Sanderson (Raleigh NC)
    Adrian Sanderson (Raleigh NC)
    David B (Newport NC)
    JIM (Marion VA)
    Barry Umberger (Max Meadows VA)
    ??? Anyone else ???

ynneb
    Go for it guys, youll not regret it. I still say set a date and venue now and stick with it.
    Any tips on planning, venue, etc. from those of you Down Under that have "been there and done that" would be great!

HayTay
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Tips?
    On our forth BBQ we had a video projector so that people could bring a CD of pictures of thier machine. I would highly recommend that.
    It helps to motivate if someone can bring a small working machine. I know after some had seen my machine they pulled thier finger out and finished thier own machine. ( but not essential )
    Bring parts that you have made, to show others.

Be strict on times for arriving, eating and video, etc, other wise the time will go and you might not have done everything that you all wanted.

Even if its not encouraged, you will find that people may want to swap software, and want to use your computer to burn stuff. Its your descision, about what you choose to do there, but either be prepared to burn stuff or be able to say no.

Make it BYO pretty much everything, and dont make it a time for too much drink. We have never had that problem though.

The host doesnt need to stress about having his workshop clean. We are all the same, and love a bit of rubble. In my case a lot of rubble.

If 3 people come, its a success. Dont be stressed about numbers, although the more the merrier.

Thats about all I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay
    If it's going to be on a Saturday or Sunday, count me in! I live in Siler City (Chatham County).

Anybody know?:
    CerealKiller2 (Monroe NC)
    btarro (Matthews NC)
    Les Harrison (Raleigh NC)
    Mike Sanderson (Raleigh NC)
    Adrian Sanderson (Raleigh NC)
    David B (Newport NC)
    JIM (Marion VA)
    Barry Umberger (Max Meadows VA)
    ??? Anyone else ???

Any tips on planning, venue, etc. from those of you Down Under that have "been there and done that" would be great!

HayTay
    Cool!
    Well the dates I mentioned at my place are open, I am willing to go to any event that can be organized, so if you want to suggest another date and venue let me know.
    Regards,
    eric

Don't know if you know it or not but Biesse in Charlotte will be having a One2One on June 22-24.
    Heres a link, click the One2One tab on the side of the screen.
    http://www.biesseusa.com/

I'm going to be in the states at that time. Maybe I should raise the Aussie flag and get up to NC for the BBQ. What do you think Benny.

I'll keep my eyes on this thread and see if my travel plans will allow me to go. (That is if us Aussies are welcome).

:cheers:
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks.... I never even hear of them.
    Maybe if others would like we can make this our first event.
    Couldn't see a cost is it a free event, just registration?

I'll find out today, because I work there all because of you guys on cnczone. I was hired in April, to be a Tech. but will be working in the showroom for about three months or so. The one2one is one way Biesse teaches their customers and future costomers about the capibility of their machines. As for the cost I believe its free, becuase its a sales event. They take orders, and also sell the demo models. The machines are all impressive. Right now there are two flat table routers for nesting parts mainly cabinet componets. A couple edge banders, and Selco (cnc saws) set up in the show room. I'm pretty sure we will be getting another 5 axis machine for the one2one. Anyway keep in mind that it will be a sales event. (I'm not sure if you guys would want to go through that or not)

Quote Originally Posted by Kookaburra
    I'm going to be in the states at that time. Maybe I should raise the Aussie flag and get up to NC for the BBQ. What do you think Benny.

I'll keep my eyes on this thread and see if my travel plans will allow me to go. (That is if us Aussies are welcome).

:cheers:

Sure come on over. NC people are some of the friendliest in the world.

Page 1 of 2 12