587,466 active members*
2,993 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > VAC II spindle drive fix notes

Hybrid View

Great source

For your older VACS & DRIVES, CNC Repair with engineering excellence since 1988

Click on:
    •Most Recent DEPOT REBUILDING and EXCHANGE LIST

Use Ctrl F to find your item

type in search word

enter.

Have used these guys several times. "Quick" great price on repair or exchange with warranty.
    any mechanical or electrical device that transmits or modifies energy to perform or assist in the performance of human tasks

BL II-D drive dead?

had a BL II-D 2 axis servo amp dead last week- no power lights, but 2 fault leds were dimly glowing... found the 10 ohm 5 watt input power resistor was open and the little inline bridge rectifier next to it shorted...
    by just dumb luck fixed it, but hey, it might be a common failure, thought I'd mention in here too.
    a year or so ago, saw another one that acted the same way (dim alarm leds) but I didnt get a chance to check it out...on this one it looked like the bridge simply failed, and overloaded the resistor, replaced with some parts pulled out of a old power supply and back up and running.
    We bought a replacement (now BL IV-D) drive a while back for another machine, $4500 for the new drive... $2 worth of replacement parts and 15 minutes sounded better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OKUMA Tech View Post
    For your older VACS & DRIVES, CNC Repair with engineering excellence since 1988

Click on:
    •Most Recent DEPOT REBUILDING and EXCHANGE LIST

Use Ctrl F to find your item

type in search word

enter.

Have used these guys several times. "Quick" great price on repair or exchange with warranty.
    Seems like the first link is not working (well not for me anyway) and the second one leads to a rather obscure eBay book auction item...?

I would like more info as we have just had a "78 ALARM P" VAC Failed to start 1001FFFF alarm come up on our LB25. It is a VACIII unit and the unit is showing alarm 16 on the actual unit.
    Anyone have any suggestions as to what, if anything I might be able to look for?
    Okuma Australia have quoted us $18750+tax+freight+fitting... bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by broby View Post
    Seems like the first link is not working (well not for me anyway) and the second one leads to a rather obscure eBay book auction item...?

I would like more info as we have just had a "78 ALARM P" VAC Failed to start 1001FFFF alarm come up on our LB25. It is a VACIII unit and the unit is showing alarm 16 on the actual unit.
    Anyone have any suggestions as to what, if anything I might be able to look for?
    Okuma Australia have quoted us $18750+tax+freight+fitting... bummer!

I hope this helps. It is the description of the VAC alarm and the two tables you need for reference 3-5 and 3-3.

If you like I can email you this pages, just PM me and give me your email address

jolulank
    Attached Files Attached Files

that lack of 5volts error 16 might be that fuseholder I mentioned in the first post- I wouldnt have found it as the 5v was 5.00 with the alarm active, just happened to bump the fuse after one of the intermittent times it booted...

its kinda hard to check for- apparently inrush was pulling it down, but you cant see when its off...cleaning the little clips in the socket for the little green 5v fuse fixed ours, also corrected a slightly less intermittent bootup in another one- least it hasnt happened since...

the fibers in OKUMA are actual glass too- be careful not to pull/bend the orange cables any more than necessary- pretty easy to check, just shine a flashlight thru, should be bright on other end...dont think youve got a fiber issue as different alarms, just wanted to mention to be careful around them...one of our guys broke a couple pulling the service in one after a move, another was DOA- the shippers put a bunch of manuals in the cabinet, tugged on one...