586,925 active members*
2,820 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: LNC CNC No RS232 connect

Thanks for the reply, No I am not sure about what your asking, that could be what's wrong? Would that be the com port in the pc ?I think that the com port is correct. My best guess at this time is the machine is not ready , I am unsure what sequence of keystrokes to have machine take file ? In edit mode? or auto ? It could be what you are asking about.
    Also someone else has sent me software and directions on using the Ethernet cable. But even with that , would I use a router ?If I could make it 1 time , I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing.

Thanks Daniel

It could be many things....to name a few I/O Channel being selected has to be set to RS-232 on the control. Com Port on you PC, you have to Have BAUD, DATABITS, PARITY, HANDSHAKING matched. what kind of DNC software are you using ?

I think you have found the problem , how to set the machine to RS232 at the machine , I have found on the machine and pc BAUD PARITY , and they all match , I guess that's correct , also saw a page in the books that come with the machine , all the settings BAUD etc match what's in the book , in case the machine has to have it that way. This I/O channel in the machine is what I don't know about , Or how to set it , turn it on ?
    Thanks so much for your help.

PS , I have not tried the Ethernet software yet , but it is by rhe machine maker , LNC. What I am trying is dnc4u , for the RS232 , with the USB to RS232 adapter cable that they say is know to work.

Well if you have an issues setting up your DNC or machine communications my company can do that we also offer DNC software and machine monitoring. Check us out sometime at Home

So you are a salesman ? This is a home shop / hobby use and I could not afford all that , I do have a standing offer to buy the machine for what I paid for it , if I cant make it work /or if I want to sell it.

Tech support but yes my company does sell machine solutions

Quote Originally Posted by danielslnc View Post
    Thanks for the reply, No I am not sure about what your asking, that could be what's wrong? Would that be the com port in the pc ?I think that the com port is correct. My best guess at this time is the machine is not ready , I am unsure what sequence of keystrokes to have machine take file ? In edit mode? or auto ? It could be what you are asking about.
    Also someone else has sent me software and directions on using the Ethernet cable. But even with that , would I use a router ?If I could make it 1 time , I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing.

Thanks Daniel
    Hi Daniel!

Please read the ReCon manuals which I sent to you, it is very simple procedure to make that LAN to work.

- check you LNC side IP address
    - check that you have ReCon mode in use (parameter 651 = 1)
    - install ReCon soft
    - put fixed IP address to your PC
    - open ReCon and add there your machine IP
    - enjoy fast program transfer

You'll see that RS232 is total crap after you have used that Ethernet connection. It is fast (10Mb/s) and bomb proof method to transfer programs without any useless button play.

And btw you have got very nice controller, 4+1 axes LNC M520HC, which has 512MB-1GB memory, so you wont need DNC to anything. I can say this because I have sold and modernizated CNCs with Advantech-LNC last 8 years

Put email or PM if you have problems.

Hi, I do have the same issue on an old CNC Machine I bought some weeks ago, it would be possible for you to provide the ReCon Software and manual you are referring to? Thanks thanks so much