588,657 active members*
5,593 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    North central Missouri, Macon MO, three hours travel from St. Louis or Kansas City
    Short list of abilities and desires:
    Retired from real work, too many years of construction as a millwright, certified weldor and millwright business owner. A few years were diverted from construction to fulfill a dream as a gunsmith, (hint, learn to live on less if you do this). I currently have a shop that has room for all the tools I have accumulated throughout my life. I have tigs migs, lath, mill, blast cabinet, drill press, sheet metal break, etc. I also have my CNC plasma table with a 4 X 8 capacity. That's my stuff, now what I would like help with.
    I have an Enco mill that I bought new in 82 for use in my gunsmith work. I would like to convert it to CNC. Even though I have had my plasma table in use for several years I am a user and not versed in the design of computer control. I would appreciate any and all help in designing and fabricating the changeover of my mill.
    never set a pace that you can't maintain
    Traveler

I used to be from this area. I grew up in Lewis County. The parents still live there, so I make it back 4 or 5 times a year.

You're in the right place to get information about CNC conversions and programming. Read lots and ask whenever you get stuck; you'll be up and running in no time!
    My name is Electric Nachos. Sorry to impose, but I am the ocean.
    http://www.bryanpryor.com

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by traveler View Post
    North central Missouri, Macon MO, three hours travel from St. Louis or Kansas City
    Short list of abilities and desires:
    Retired from real work, too many years of construction as a millwright, certified weldor and millwright business owner. A few years were diverted from construction to fulfill a dream as a gunsmith, (hint, learn to live on less if you do this). I currently have a shop that has room for all the tools I have accumulated throughout my life. I have tigs migs, lath, mill, blast cabinet, drill press, sheet metal break, etc. I also have my CNC plasma table with a 4 X 8 capacity. That's my stuff, now what I would like help with.
    I have an Enco mill that I bought new in 82 for use in my gunsmith work. I would like to convert it to CNC. Even though I have had my plasma table in use for several years I am a user and not versed in the design of computer control. I would appreciate any and all help in designing and fabricating the changeover of my mill.
    Did you ever manage to hook up with someone for this stuff? I'm pretty much due south of you off of 63.