Quote Originally Posted by Erik F View Post
I'm embarrassed to say I have always been measuring from rail to rail but it occurred to me to measure a few other points on the frame. One end is over an 1/8" wider than the other. Hahaha...if I didn't laugh I would have to cry. What a sack of ****. I have been looking at this machine:

https://cnc4newbie.com/store/en/ultimate-kits-c70/

Or ordering extrusion and try to transfer parts from the piece of crap Aon to a new frame. What do you guys think of the cnc4newbie machine? Obviously not quit the same level of machine a what the Saturn was supposed to be but seems to be very well thought out and we'll made.

Way too lightweight for my taste. About the only things to transfer are your steppers (assuming you have NEMA 23s). NEMA 34s are way too much for a machine like you linked to. Also note that the machine uses acme screws, instead of ball screws. Changing over to ballscrews downstream might be a problem. The base unit is listed as the 500, which I take to be 500mm, or just under 20 inches. Pretty small. If you were to put a spindle on that gantry, I'll bet you would see some interesting deflection. No recommendation here. :nono:

Gary