587,415 active members*
3,069 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Idiot Proofing a Proccess

Ok, talked with an engineer and have everything all figured out on the wiring side of things. Now, for the software changes, I will definitely need to be talked through how to update the ladder and anything else needed to make the control see and understand the switches

Quote Originally Posted by ADVCOLE View Post
    Ok, talked with an engineer and have everything all figured out on the wiring side of things. Now, for the software changes, I will definitely need to be talked through how to update the ladder and anything else needed to make the control see and understand the switches
    I am fluent with Macro B so getting the program itself to work will be no problem, I just need that #1100 and #1101 variables to be mapped to the switches.

I am fluent with Macro B so getting the program itself to work will be no problem, I just need that #1100 and #1101 variables to be mapped to the switches.
    Can you post your ladder file?

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Can you post your ladder file?
    drdos, here is the ladder file. I took a quick look at the ladder on the machine, and it appears to have things mapped to G54.0-G54.7 and G55.0-G55.7. As far as I can tell, those are all related to an APC system, which we don't have on the machine, so anything related to an APC can be overwritten to make room for the two switches. Thank you so much for all your help with this!

drdos, here is the ladder file. I took a quick look at the ladder on the machine, and it appears to have things mapped to G54.0-G54.7 and G55.0-G55.7. As far as I can tell, those are all related to an APC system, which we don't have on the machine, so anything related to an APC can be overwritten to make room for the two switches. Thank you so much for all your help with this!
    Just to make sure that I won't be stepping on toes, what bits are on for Keep Relay 6?

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Just to make sure that I won't be stepping on toes, what bits are on for Keep Relay 6?
    I think this is what you are looking for? K06- 00000000
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3322.jpg  

Here is the updated ladder. I tied X10.2 to fixture A selected and X10.3 to fixture B selected. #1000 = 1 fixture A in machine, #1001 = 1 then fixture B is in the machine. If both switches are ever on at the same time then you will get an alarm and the machine will not run. If you set Keep Relay K12.0 to a 1 it will ignore these changes.
    Attached Files Attached Files