588,245 active members*
4,145 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Outputting programs from Fanuc 10M

Outputting programs from Fanuc 10M

Hi. I posted earlier, but with the CNC machine model instead of the Fanuc model.

I have a Fanuc 10M controller with a 25 pin output. I'd like to know how to get programs off the controller onto a computer (and also vice versa).

dcoupar mentioned that I need to use a serial port, not a printer (parallel?) port. Also, I guess I need some software.

Is the software readily available?

Thanks for your help.

-Jake

You can download a copy of our PC-DNC Editor by clicking this link:

http://www.sub-soft.com/download/Edi...itor_3.5.3.exe

The operator's manual is also available online by clicking:

http://www.sub-soft.com/download/Edi...tor_manual.pdf

It's not a free program, but it will run for 30 days for free. Once you load it up, you'll need to set the Fanuc to match the PC settings for baudrate, stop-bits, etc. On the Fanuc 10, press the SETTING soft-key and go to setting #5110. Set #5110 to "3", set # 5111 to "1", and set #5112 to "11". That's 9600 baud, 1 stop-bit, and Xon/Xoff handshaking, which will match the PC-DNC Editor.

Now, find a suitable cable. if you purchase one, buy a 9-to-25 pin NUL MODEM cable. It will have a 9-pin female plug on the PC side and a 25-pin male plug on the CNC side. You can also make your own with this diagram:

25-pin male -------- 9-pin female

pin 1---------shield
    pin 2 -------------------- pin 2
    pin 3 -------------------- pin 3
    pin 5 -------------------- pin 7
    pin 7 -------------------- pin 5
    pin 6 ----
    pin 8 ---- <-- jumper these 3 pins together on the CNC side only
    pin 20 ---

When you get the PC connected to the CNC, you can dump all the programs on the Fanuc into the PC (to be saved as one file) by clicking "IO/Receive file" on the Editor, then going to the CNC, selecting EDIT mode, pressing PROGRAMS, then PUNCH, then ALL.

Then, on the PC-DNC Editor, you need to do a "File/Save As" to save the data that just came in. If you want to separate all those files to save them separately, go to the "IO" menu, select "Configure IO device", then "Advanced" and check the box called "Separate files by O-number". Then click OK, then APPLY, then IO/Receive file again. Go to the Fanuc and send the files with the same procedure as above. You will then get a separate text window for each program, and you'll have to save them separately.

Good luck!