588,460 active members*
5,445 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

M code change or pairing.

I am Integrating an SL-30 with a Motoman robot and am wondering if there is a way on the Haas to change M10/M11 to the user codes M51/M52, or have them paired so an M10 command automatically calls an M51. Also Is there a way to set the Haas to wait for the chuck to be fully open and fully closed before continuing the program? or am i stuck using G04 after an M10/M11.

ty

Does this machine have Macro's?.

unfortunately no it does not have macro's If there is a good macro solution I have overlooked I can get them turned on.

The way i have it setup now i M98 call subprogram to open and close chuck.

M10;
    G04 P5000
    M51(tell robot chuck is closed);
    M99

stringing m10;m51; is not really an issue as far as programming goes, It's just a huge pain that the Haas doesn't wait for the chuck to be closed before continuing to read code.

I'm trying to go off memory but is there a chuck clamped input? If there was you could easily program a macro for that input. And it would be safer (the chuck would always be closed if something were to happen, aka e-stop etc.)

After some reading and messing around. what i ended up doing was..

In parameters I increased Chuck close delay from 2000 to 3500
    and chuck clamped delay from 500 to 3500

g-code sequence is

m10
    m121(same as M51 but m/c waits for M-fin signal)

then
    once robot clears send M-fin from Robot and lathe will continue.

Ill have to play around with the delay timings some more once in full production and i can time exactly how short a delay i can put in the parameters while still being safe

Check out the new Haas "Robot Ready" option...see if it can be installed on your machine in the field by your HFO. It REALLY simplifies this entire process, including the workholding signals and auto door signals.

CAN YOU USE A PAUSE?

Can you do a G04 dwell command to do this? I use a dwell to slow things down for the hydraulic tailstock to extend and retract with a live center. it's just a G4 with a P (pause in seconds) useing a decimal point.

Chris

I played around with G04 before and after m10/m11 but it was kinda hokey.. like if the robot grippers failed to open for some reason low air for example, the the lathe would still fire up after G04...hokey

Quote Originally Posted by Mechboy View Post
    I am Integrating an SL-30 with a Motoman robot and am wondering if there is a way on the Haas to change M10/M11 to the user codes M51/M52, or have them paired so an M10 command automatically calls an M51. Also Is there a way to set the Haas to wait for the chuck to be fully open and fully closed before continuing the program? or am i stuck using G04 after an M10/M11.

ty
    How about the G103? It limits the look ahead to a difinable number of blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChsBrown View Post
    How about the G103? It limits the look ahead to a difinable number of blocks.
    I have had trouble playing around with the look ahead in the past. Honestly just resting the chuck delay timing in the parameters things are running exactly how I want them to, safe and Fast.

Cheers