587,180 active members*
5,155 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation FANUC SYSTEM 10 Fault code!?!?

I have a FANUC SYSTEM 10 Type: A02B-0072-B501 That controls a Yam CK-1 Turning Center. I do not have it connected to power at the moment since i have just receved it. I knew it had a problem before i got it. I had a chance to look at it a bit when it was wired up and found it to have a SV Overload and could have had a preceding number like 023 or 23 if i remember right. If any body has any ideas on what this could be i would greatley apprecieate it. I would also be interested in a Fanuc book for my control as well. Reguards. W.G.

SV023 is a servo overload, it should also display which axis or does it go into overload immediatly or when axis is moved?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Yes it is the X axis. And it displays as soon as the machien is powered up. It wolud go no further. What does an sv oveload mean?

The control is registering an overload in the x axis, which can also be caused by defective encoder or disconnection of encoder, you can check the motor, if this m/c has DC servo's then disconnect the DC power connector, if it has a thermal detector in the same plug, you would have to jumper this out or you will get an over temp. alarm. If you still get an ov023 whith the motor disconnected then it may possibly be the drive, some of them have LED status indicators, there were many different kinds of motor, amps and encoder configurations on these systems.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Jl1h

I may be out of protocol here but I have a question.

I have a Fanuc 11m and an incomplete manual. I can not get my programs loaded into memory to run. I am able to edit but unable to put the program into memory. The last program ran is allways listed as the program ready to run. After calling out O0015 for instance I get the option to Edit, but I am missing some step to get it to run. Can I get help?

I do know programming and run 5 Biesse Rovers 336's But I have this Shoda know for my own use. Please help!

[email protected] or CNCZONE JL1H :argue:

put it in mem .. be on the program page ..put in o#### ..then hit the shift ..thats the arrow left and or right just above page up .dn .. Jim

I have Fanuc 10m control on a 1987 VMC I get the same servo overload signal occasionally. (If the spindle stalls and it keeps feeding or when doing small linear moves while machining small part contours)
    I turn off the control as well as the power switch on the back of the machine. I then open up the panel with the servo drives and press a reset button on the drive, then power back up. Sometimes I have to repeat it again but its worked for me. I don't know if this is your problem but it may be worth looking into.

spindle o/l prob.

is that a dc spindle ? .... if so there are a set of brushes on it ..4 ... pull them and blow out the commutator area .. brushes look ok ? .. one look like its been flashing ? heated ? ...is there an extreme amount of heat in that area of the motor when it o/ls.. thats the first step ... call if ya need to.. Jim704-996-5737