587,124 active members*
3,461 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > DeskProto to Mach3 Mini Tech Mill

DeskProto to Mach3 Mini Tech Mill

I'm having problems with files written on DeskProto....when I transfer them to my mill they end up looking like the picture. I recently had to reinstall DP bc the computer crashed...the file I'm cutting is a simple ring on rotary.
    In DP when the tool path is written everything looks great...but when I transfer the .fgc file to the mill it's all squished and can't read the parameters. Any help would be great! I'm not an expert on machining...I just know how to run the software and mill.

Thanks~ Lauren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dp to mill.JPG  

Don't worry about the picture

The images shown in the windows of CNC controllers are good for seeing what you're doing on a 2d part, but they're pretty useless on 3d parts, and a liability on 4-axis parts, where the computing overhead required to draw them can cause the program to stutter or fail altogether. I usually turn off the toolpath display when I'm doing parts like that. I'm not sure if your controller (flashcut?) lets you do that, but just ignore it if it doesn't.

Try running the part anyway, and see what happens. It will probably work fine, but if you have an issue, write back and tell us about it.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com