587,997 active members*
1,688 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

WidgitMaster Midi router on ebay

I just saw a used widgitMaster Midi router on ebay. Item number 230486344543. It is the 10 x10 approximate working area. It has a CNConaBudget spindle. Has a xylotec controller and 24v power supply.

Russ

Gee, Russ, the one you saw on ebay. It looks just like your midi!

Remember the prototype you bought from widgit years ago? In the ebay listing it seems to be sitting on your same custom rolling cabinet that pescada_loco helped you build along with the electonics!
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=821

Your listing says it has less than 10 hours on it. REALLY!?!?!?
    What about the 50+ hours of run time as of 2007:nono:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=704

And clock gears?
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=701
    Since 2007 there must be 10's of more hours on this thing.
    Sorry, maybe thats what you were trying to say....

hmmm, the ebay name pescado-loco. Where have I heard it before?.?.?
    sounds like cnczone's pescada_loco! Very tricky.....

Good Morning Kibble,

No tricks, It is my midi. I don't sell on ebay but a friend does. As far as the hours it was a misunderstanding. I told him that I hadn't used it much in the last couple of years and he put in the time. I have a 30x50 CAMaster router with lathe and Taig mill both cnc and so just don't use the midi much any more.

You mentioned the cabinet. The midi and cabinet have been in the friends shop under a dust cover since that original post was made. I just brought it home this past weekend. I need the space more than the midi at the moment.

I posted the ebay listing here for exposure in case someone might have been interested.

Russ

I bought a set of the midi plans from Widgit on Ebay. They are very nice. I ordered the metal yesterday to make one and have some time available on my Haas VF 2 SS mill this weekend to make a lot of the parts.

Has anybody else made one from his plans? I have ony found two minor typos so far and no part number or mention of the x axis ball bushing. I found them on this thread (Thompson Super 8 1/2" ID). I recomend his plans for a machinest with proper tools but not for the guy with a X Y table on his drill press.

I will do a build thread as I make it. I wan to make one then see where I can increase the size a little to make room to make another one with ball screws and ball nuts.

My goal for the second machine is to make the most accurate little router that can be had at any price. Cost will not be a consieration in the manufacture. Luckey for me that small ball screws and nuts are not as expensive as slightly bigger ones.