588,030 active members*
4,235 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Daewoo File Extension Issue

Daewoo File Extension Issue

Good Morning All. I would like to thank who provides the great info within this site. Huge help from the outside looking in. Just found this site last week and have my first question.

I am not a machinist (yet). I have been working at a fab/machine facility for almost 4 years now. Started out in sales and now moved into quoting & design/eng... Also, due to my computer killer skills (lol), I have become the IT guy in our devision of the parent company. First thing was to get the floppy/hard disk drives (no USB's) working/replaced so these guys do not have to manually enter every/all the code for a program. Done & don't laugh! We have 5 CNC milling centers and two CNC turning centers here in MN. My goal is to get them conversating, hand shaking, talking and live (what ever it is called).

Machine:

Daewoo Diamond Series Milling Center
    Model DMV-500
    Meldas Control (monochromatic screen style)

My Question:

Our Daewoo's floppy drive is working fine now. The only concern we have is the controll was set to read one particular file format. I think ".txt". What I would like to know is how to switch the control of to "*.*" so it can read any file saved from BobCad, which is the software our shop uses.

Thanks in Advance,

Shack

I haven't found any documentation that specifies the program must have a .txt extension. I've seen .prg mentioned, however. On the 70/700 series you can use a wildcard (*.*) to transfer a file from the FD, but I didn't see anything about changing the default extension.

What extension does Bobcad tack on the the code files? Can't the programmers specify to use a .txt extension when they create the code? At least to get you going?

Thank you dc.

When the machinist MDI a program, the control automatically defaults and runs the program as a .txt file. When creating a program in BobCad-Cam, we have saved it as a .txt and a couple others (so far) and the disk shows blank when loaded into the machine (no recognized file). Double check and flop it back in the desktop the BobCad-Cam is on and the file is their.

I will try to save the programs as .prg and see if that is the option we are looking for. Thanks.