587,133 active members*
3,132 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Syil X6 Seting up

Hello all new here.

Just started to set up my new Syil X6 have installed the Mach 3 control on PC and its talking to the machine. But when i try to home the macine there is a limit switch error. I go to the diagnostic on the Mach 3 control the three limit switches indicators are yellow if i press a limit switch the lights go out except for one of the x axis if i put a volt meter on the pins of the limit switch cables on the printed circuit board the meter reads 5v or zero. when i press the micro switches it changes to zero or 5 volts this is true for the three axis. are the micro switches wired wrong and is there an error on the board.

Regards John

Found the problem.

Parallel cable faulty, changed the micro switch contacts. Machine now homes .

Angry syil electronics

I hope it didn't take a week of frustration and pulling your hair out to find it like it did me. They sent me a bad one too. Among countless other problems. we are into this 5 months now and have had only a few hours of use4 out of the machine due to all of the electronics failing one component at a time.

I have machined a few parts on the machine now.

The question I have now when I home the axis, Mach 3 AbNormal conditions turns yellow as soon as the Z axis homes. The Z axis homes in the positive direction ie the head raises which is correct fo a milling machine.

I wonder if any one can help here. I have a syil X6 plus the spindle i belive should run from 200 to 5000 rpm it has a delta speed control when using Mach 3 overide you can stop the spindle if you slow it down too much not good when you are cutting metal. I got the metric xml set up file from Syil canada. I thought i would look to see what the setting were for the imperial machine. In the spindle set up under ports and pins the base PWM Freq 1250 metric machine. Imperial Machine 2250 ? I also noted the shuttle times are different. I contacted Syil in China and asked for the setting a few days ago but i have not had a reply.