587,787 active members*
2,267 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Door Not Opening

i have inherited a storm 120m slant bed at work. control is a fanuc21i-T.
    Problem is that the door safety will not release to open the door. this has got me stumped. anyone else have/had this problem and if so....how do you solve it?
    thanks...

I would suggest that for some reason the door is not getting 24 volt or 110 volt (depending on the switch it has) to energize the solenoid. Try shutting the machine off and opening the door with the power off, If it is wired wrong it will do some strange things.

Could be any number of things. I would start by looking at the plc to see what is required to lock it. It could be a power problem as theemudracer said, or it could simply be a certain mode is required (eg manual mode). I sell CNC mills which use a keep relay to enable the door interlock. The problem is that if you disable the interlock with the keep relay and the interlock is in the locked state, you can't open the door as it also disables the lock solenoid.

regards, Oz

Red face Stuck Door

Ooops...sorry! I 4got To Mention That The Power Is Off And The Door Still Will Not Release...is This Normal For A Machine Of This Type? I Am More Used To Hmc Type Stuff And Not Lathes...
    Thanks Guys For The Input.

Any machines I have that still have door locks will not open with the power off.This is because the lock is spring operated to lock and powered to open.
    Mark.

More than likely you have to have power to the machine, at which that point there will be either a button to push to unlock it on the control, or like Oz mentioned a certain mode that it will allow you to open it with. I have also found on many of those style locks that there is some kind of manual desengagment on the lock it self so you can get in if power is out.

Tcoop