588,234 active members*
4,514 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Yasnac/Yaskawa PC NC Problems

Hello all, Just got this machine up and running, it's a Mighty USA Mustang with a Yasnac PC NC control. Machine was sitting for a while and seems to have lost some memory possibly because of the battery losing juice but we are not sure. Anyway, we are having 2 main issues with it and need to get these resolved! Thanks in advance for any assistance!

#1)1st problem is regarding the initial zero/home reference of the machine upon startup. If any of the x, y or z axis switches are in the negative direction of the reference stops the machine will home fine. However, if the machine was last set in home position upon shutdown, and it is started up and homed it will overtravel in these axis. All machines I have ever used incorporate a negative move first then a positive move in case the machine is in between the reference stop and hard stop, is it possible to make the machine do a negative move first in order to get in front of the stops? This would eliminate any overtravel problems.

#2)2nd problem is regarding the workpiece Z position display when running a program, making it impossible to run a program safely. We didn't have this problem before we moved the machine. When running a program, after the work offset, such as G54, is called up along with the tool height, such as G43 H1, the workpiece Z position is never correct. It is way off and seems to be reflecting the tool height number relative to machine zero. We have tried changing it under the offsets page while not running and it doesn't help the problem. Is there a parameter to correct this number or is it possible I am doing something wrong in the program?

Once again thanks in advance.....

Never heard of a Yasnac PC NC. Is there any other model number on the control? MX1, MX2, MX3, etc?

I can't find any additional info on the model...I knew that question would be asked and I couldn't find any other numbers/letters. I have the factory manuals and that's all it says, PC NC right on the front, so I think that is the actual model. It runs on windows NT and is touchscreen, nice control but does it sound familiar anyone?

I have a Matsuura mc-600v with Yasnac MX3 that has the same issue (2) with the display of the z location. Did you ever figure this out?

Jonathon

Yes! Thought I posted it but must have forgot. There was parameter that I had to change. I don't remember the number or exactly what it was but it was worded something like "show Z offset position on position display". I turned it on and then had to run a program to get it to initiate. Has been good ever since. If you need the parameter # let me know and I will get it for you (machine is down at the moment).

I would love to get the number. I can't seem to find it in any of the manuals.

Thanks for the reply!
    Jonathon

Give me a little while, I'll have to get up to the machine when it's back working and find it. I'll get it for you though.

Hello there,

Do You have the problem solved already ? I'm just wondering how to do it cause have same problem with yasnac LX3 now.
    All the battery power was lost. We do have the parameters (i hope they are still inside manuals ;]). But do not know what to start from (how to start) ?
    We have some manuals but they do not show how to restore ?
    Can You help this problem ? Thanks a lot.
    Mark

Mark, I've never lost all my parameters, just the one I mentioned. My control has a way of backing up all of the parameters to a file in the event of a total loss but I never had to use it. The problem is I think your control is totally different, mine is windows based. I have all my parameters listed in a manual too but that would sure suck if you had to enter all that manually. Have you called Yasnac? They have always helped me and never charged a thing. That's one thing I was impressed with, their customer service is great. Let me know how you make out.

Hello iaknown,
    i will face the machine (and a problem) beginning of the next week. then will let You know what happened.

.... and a Happy New Year