587,998 active members*
1,924 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HAAS VF0 Z Offsets

Hi all...have a HAAS VF0 from 1993, and having an issue with z offsets. When I enter a positive value in the Z registry in G54, the spindle moves down. When a negative number is entered, the spindle moves up. Is this just because it's an older version of the HAAS software, or is there something I'm missing. I know on the newer controllers, setting a negative number in Z in G54 moves the plane down and a positive moves the plane up. Any ideas, or is there something I'm missing? I'm relatively new at this, so go easy on me.

You might check Parameter 57 "NEG WORK OFS".

Z axis offset problems

Parameter 57 on this machine is "EXACT STOP CANNED X-Y". The only other parameter I see dealing with this is Parameter 64 "T OFS MEAS USES WORK". This was set to on, I have since set it to off, but no change as far as the work offset is concerened. A negative number raises the plane, and a positive number lowers the plane. Is there a Z axis plane flip? Or, is this just a primitive version of the HAAS software and just something that I'll have to adjust to?

Parameters are not Settings !

pit202 is correct.

Parameter 57 Common Switch is a whole bunch of different things that can be turned on or off with either a 1 or a 0. The Neg Wk Ofst is down near the bottom of the list.

To change a Parameter you need to turn Setting 7 Parameter OFF and push E-stop.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Z Offsets

Pit202, you are absolutely correct. I needed to be in PARAMETERS, not SETTINGS....I see parameter 57 and the neg work offset. I am changing it to "1" now. Thanks for the input.

Z porblem solved

Thanks for your replys, they helped tremendously. My issue is now resolved. Let's see what other issues I encounter as I really get into this machine!!!!