588,126 active members*
6,077 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Partner VM17 issues

I am having an issue with our Partner VM17 (yes it is an oldy) the issue is with the handwheel axis move. It seems to be stuck going in positive in all axis, I have replaced the hand wheel encoder, and even went as far as pull the memory (brains) out and sent to Milltronics. (which I must add they were really speedy 1 week). They benchtested them made a few adjustments but still I have this problem. It worked good for say 1/2 hour after I hooked them back up then I turned it off and went home for the day only to come back the next and have this nagging problem. By the way the Jog function works fine, Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks

Sounds like a wiring or connector issue may be contributing to a high resistance to the signals from the handwheel to the control inputs.

DC

You've pretty much ruled out the control and the handwheel unit, that leaves everything in between..........everything from the socket you plug the unit into, to the connector that attaches to the control. Visually inspect and/or "ohm out" this section to verify its integrity.

br1

Try disconnecting the CRT plug in the back of the power cabinet. It is on the lower right of the computer case. My Partner VI did the same thing and it was a loose CRT connector. Hope this helps

Thanks I will try this