Hi guys,

I'm looking for a bit of help with a machine that I've recently purchased. The machine is a Denford Cyclone cnc lathe, which runs its own control software based on Fanuc G and M codes.

I have acquired a few manuals for the machine, but can't really fins what I'm looking for. I have used a lathe with a fagor control and a mill with a fanuc control at a friends workshop. When I've used the lathe before, we set up the tool offsets in a manual tool turret, touched onto the workpiece in the Z axis and pressed something like: "z" "0" and "enter", the dro then shows Z at 0.000 and this is the start of the job.

With my machine, I can set the tool offsets, but when I home the machine, the home position zero's the X and Z to machine coordinates. I can't find a way of setting z to zero once I've touched on the workpiece. I've beed reading about a G54 command, but G54 isn't listed in the accepted G codes within the manual, so I guess its not interpreted?

Does anyone know of a simple method of retaining my tool offsets and just setting the Z coordinate to zero for different jobs?

Thanks