588,644 active members*
5,004 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Template Bulider

I am looking at creating some simple VQC and going through the powerpoint files on the haascnc website they said that they were using a "Template Builder" that was basically using a Excel file. Does anyone know where I can find this file becasue I emailed my haas facility and they had no idea what I was talking about.

The link to the powerpoint is below on what I was talking about.

Thanks in adavance
    Chris

Link

I have the lathe and mill files to build the VQC templates. I think they are on my computer at work. I will try to PM you in the morning with the files. I wanted to create some templates; however, I have become quite lazy these days. I will help with what I know.

Wolog

thats a lot of damn steps for template creation! I hope your getting paid over $20/hr to be doing that !

WOLOG any help would be great. I look forward to your PM. :cheers:

chrono1 actually I won't be getting paid, although I think it will pay for it in time and less headaches down the road. I love learning new options and this is something I am extreamly interested in doing.

So you build this template, using Excel, an then what is it that this template does ( /? ( I went through the ppt quickly coupple days ago)

Well I have been playing with the VQC all week but I have a question. Anyone know if it is possible for it to do simple calculations. We do alot of squaring and facing of blocks. However the boss won't fork over the cash to get a face mill, so we have been using 1/2" and 3/4" endmills to do this. So is there a way to say if you were facing a block that is 6" x 3" with a 1/2" endmill to make it calculate all 24 of the passes it would need if you were doing a 50% step over.

So, any news on the Excel sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzer View Post
    Anyone know if it is possible for it to do simple calculations.
    I can't tell you how but yes, it can be done. The guy who installed the probe showed me some of this stuff but can't remember much. That's why I'd like to get my hands on that sheet.

Tazzer, I would explain to your boss that a facemill would save alot of money as it will be paid after a couples of month or so.

I ever made a template with my CAD software beside a notepad file. I had setup my grid to 1X1 and draw my part with all stuff. After, I put my coords manualy in the notepad and setup my NC at the bottom to folow.

Here is my example files :
    The first it's a STP file so just rename it in STP extension to see my sketch.
    Nozzle Template.txt

Here is my notepad file :
    VQCTazzer.txt

But yes, like you said, it would be cool to use a template builder. I didn't find it either.

Tazzer,

Here you go. Let me know if this is what you were looking for.
    Attached Files Attached Files

VQC templets

I can supply you with the Lathe and the Mill template. Email me @ [email protected] and I will send them to you for free. The templates help you create the pictures that are in the VQC program.

Regards Gary