588,570 active members*
5,307 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Any Mazatrol Simulators/Training Modules?

Hello folks, I just joined as a new user specifically for this question. I work for a training company, and we're trying to locate a standalone Mazatrol simulator/workstation (basically the control disconnected from the machine tool for training purposes).

We've had luck locating one in the past for both Haas and GE Fanuc 0 series controls. Does the same thing exist for Mazatrol? Anyone have an idea where to locate or purchase?

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance!

Mazak has them but I doubt they'll sell you one.... even the older version controls. So, the next step is to find out if someone has ever pulled a control off of a machine to set up. Not sure about that either considering the price of the control components.

Another option is using a CAD system. Some of the them (Like Griffo Brothers) "simulate" the look of Mazatrol for programming. But, I take it you're also probably training for the use of the control itself....
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

Mazak has discontinued training on controls older than Fusion, you might call them. Ask for Dave Brinson, he can probably point you in the right direction to see if they would sell their trainers. They have a smart guy there from Milicron now who is in charge of that division, a real dip**** if you ask me. Good luck.

Mazak used to make an external programming system for their controls, it take 8" or 10" floppy disks and you can load t2 or m2 control on it, we have one where i work that i am trying to fix. You may be able to find some around still.

Beau

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I talked to griffo and the dont give demo versions of their software anymore. Does anyone have a demo copy of their software they can send me?

Quote Originally Posted by bjjmachinist View Post
    I talked to griffo and the dont give demo versions of their software anymore. Does anyone have a demo copy of their software they can send me?
    Make sure that is Legal before receiving a Demo from someone. Some companies Discourage this. Just a heads up
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

In the past Mazak has sold outdated Mazatrol training units to customers. I have only seen them do this with T/M 2 & 32 controls.

Also, You may want to try contacting solutionware - www.mazacam.com. Their Mazatrol editor is less expensive than Griffo and they will generally find a way to assist training facilities at a reasonable cost.