588,239 active members*
4,288 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Sanyo 1000w servo voltage question

Sanyo 1000w servo voltage question

I have one of the surplus center 1kw servos. These are rated at 100v (if I remember right). What would happen if I ran at 200V?

I'll be driving these of an emerson servo drive, so the output voltage is the same as input.

Thanks,

Matt

it would try to run at twice the RPM and twice the power level. I'm sure they are designed to take some overload, but probably not this much. My guess is, the magic smoke will come out. The secret to electric components is don't let the magic smoke out cause then they don't work no more.

I have been running my Sanyo 1kw motors on a BDC-25L brushless amplifier which rectifies and filters 115VAC wall voltage and sends it to the motor driver fets. Seems to work fine so far. The motor is probably seeing around 160VDC. The 100V rating is an AC rating.

Quote Originally Posted by KTP View Post
    I have been running my Sanyo 1kw motors on a BDC-25L brushless amplifier which rectifies and filters 115VAC wall voltage and sends it to the motor driver fets. Seems to work fine so far. The motor is probably seeing around 160VDC. The 100V rating is an AC rating.

Where did you get the BDC-25L drive and what does it cost ?

Ebay, new, $24

Probably got lucky :-)