588,500 active members*
5,466 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

valves for oxy/gas torch?

Does anyone have any suggestions about servo valves for turning on/off gases for torch in between cuts. I would like to be able to control the valves with the drivers and software. Is this possible? If so are there any suppliers you can recommend. I have'nt had any luck so far.

So far I have got the 4 axis kit from hobbycnc built, the computer is just about ready for the software. I will probably be purchasing the machine torch within the week. The steel for the table is in route to my shop as I type this post! All Iam missing is the rack/pinion and the valving system for the torch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I have a Parker 12 volt dc air solenoid I had laying around that is controlled by pin 14. I have the output of my oxygen regulator T'd off, one side goes to the preheat oxygen side of my machine torch, the other side goes to that solenoid, then to the cutting oxygen port of the machine torch. These 12 volt valves and others like them are available for around 20-30 bucks. The Hobbycnc board has a solder terminal point for pin 14, I believe. This will need to be connected to a relay for the solenoid. A 110 volt AC version of these valves are available as well. If you need one of the solenoids, PM me.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.