587,201 active members*
2,873 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Rabbit hx720

Thumbs up Rabbit hx720

Hi,
    Well i am a newbie to this site and a newbie to owning a vinyl cutter...May as well get this off my chest, that i have bought this from Ebay, to be only riddled with headaches and a vinyl cutter which sits in the corner and looks at me..And is doing no good for my business..

This is how it is..
    I was sent the wrong cable lead to start with, so i rectified that..and went bought the correct lead..rs232..well, darn if i can get it to work..
    The installation disk i was sent , doesnt work. Only thing i can get to work is unpack some INF file and thats it..cant get it to correspond...

Just about to throw it out the front door and thinking about designing it into an ash tray..or a potplant holder..Not worthy of one cent really..

I have contacted the person i have bought this off, and guess what..i get a response with 500 questions..I emailed hxlaser.com in china, and get asked to send photos of the model etc, details who sold it..etc..guess what ....no answer..

Is there a way i can get this frigin vinyl cutter to work ?
    Is there another driver out there that might be compatible to this model?

I have corel 3d, corel 7 and adobe illustrator 9...
    Does anyone have any idea's...

Cheers
    Krissy

This looks like most of the midrange vinyl cutters out there. They talk about a USB interface and if you can use that it's going to be about 10 times easier than RS232 (serial). Everything on both ends of a serial link have to be perfect for it to work. All the right pins have to be used and most often a special cable. I have spent many hours with a breakout box and serial adapters trying to get a PC to talk to a serial printer, terminal or DTE device. Use ANYTHING but serial unless you have no choice.

There are misunderstandings about vinyl cutters. Although they speak a form of HPGL it's not as simple as just loading a driver and selecting it as a printer and then "printing" to it out of any art program (sorry). You need sign software to be able to make it actually cut something. Your cutter is probably supported by several packages. I know the mfg refers to Flexi which is a sign design program. Also there are some CorelDraw (not 3D) based sign programs like SignTools that will probabaly drive the cutter. Your cutter is on this list of supported cutters:

http://www.asigns.com/signtools_cutters.htm

I have a 24" cutter (probably made in China) I bought from a US source. I tried for days to get their Windows Driver loaded and talking to the printer but finally gave up and got a copy of SignLab that had the drivers for my cutter.

I do my art in CorelDraw, save as EPS and import into Signlab to do the cutting.

Sometimes the low cost of buying from China is offset by the lack of support and software compability.

Don't make it into a planter yet....

Try downoading the free trial from www.signgo.com . It's free for 30 days, so what have you got to lose. I couldn't find rabbit on there, but they have a generic cutter driver that might work out for you. Other than that, their website says artcut and flexi work with it. Artcut is cheap at $50 from www.duluthsignsupply.com , but only works in metric, and only traces out .tiff images. But you can trace .jpeg and .gif with the programs you've listed and import them into artcut later.

I've imported 2 brands, and looked for the most expensive machine in China, instead of the cheapest.

Even so, don't use an USB converter, OK? Just serial or parrallel. Most of the problems people have with the cutter turns out to be a converter or software problem.

I've got the manual for your cutter if you didn't get one. It may help. If you want it, email [email protected] .

Sorry you had so much trouble. I've learned, and pass it on.

Lightbulb

for your Rabbit HX-720,
    it should packed with an Artcut software,
    and the installation should be easy.
    there is some version of Artcut software with problems,
    you can have a try with the new version:
    http://www.wt.com.cn/en/download.php
    this version artcut software shall helpful to you.
    Also for the wire/cable connections,
    the RS232 serial port is the easier choice, just choose the correct COM port in the Artcut software, and you will be able to work.
    with the USB cable, you need to install the Rabbit driver and then do as the photo instructions, then you can work with the USB port successfully.
    By the way, there is one point, the serial port and the USB port are not need to connect at the same time.

problem

I HAVE PROBLEM WITH MY RABBIT HX-720 AND INSTALING IT TO USB PORT, I DO IT ON WINDOWS XP AND IT WORK'S GREAT BUT ON WINDOWS 7 (64 BIT) IT DON'T WORK WITH THIS DRIVERS!!
    I NEED SOME NEW DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS 7 BUT WHERE CAN I GET IT????

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    I HAVE PROBLEM WITH MY RABBIT HX-720 AND INSTALING IT TO USB PORT, I DO IT ON WINDOWS XP AND IT WORK'S GREAT BUT ON WINDOWS 7 (64 BIT) IT DON'T WORK WITH THIS DRIVERS!!
    I NEED SOME NEW DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS 7 BUT WHERE CAN I GET IT????
    There are a lot of things (hardware) that is not going to work with Windows 7 and even more with the 64 bit versions. You may be waiting for a while on new drivers for 64 bit systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhead View Post
    There are a lot of things (hardware) that is not going to work with Windows 7 and even more with the 64 bit versions. You may be waiting for a while on new drivers for 64 bit systems.
    :cheers:
    at the moment,
    this seems the right situation for many devices and softwares.

Hey guys i also have a problem with my hx720 set up throgh the usb port on com 1 running windows 7 and artcut software everything drtected and working on the computer side but the plotter itself isn't working, when switched on the monitor reads speed 500 and pressure 100 and the cutting tip is vibrating up and down but noting else happens i hold down the reste button and it stops let go of the reset button same thing happens, none of the other buttins are working, anyone got any advice?
    regards Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Perth View Post
    Hey guys i also have a problem with my hx720 set up throgh the usb port on com 1 running windows 7 and artcut software everything drtected and working on the computer side but the plotter itself isn't working, when switched on the monitor reads speed 500 and pressure 100 and the cutting tip is vibrating up and down but noting else happens i hold down the reste button and it stops let go of the reset button same thing happens, none of the other buttins are working, anyone got any advice?
    regards Bill
    Can you please share the driver for Win7. I got 2 plotters and cannot use either due to win7 driver

Rabbit hx720

I also have had these problems i through away artcut and bought winpcsign as recommended by a friend and that solved all my problems the only problem i have now is getting the plotter to stop crunching the vinyl up as it cuts any suggestions ?

win 7 driver

Quote Originally Posted by vs3074 View Post
    Can you please share the driver for Win7. I got 2 plotters and cannot use either due to win7 driver
    I found artcut to be the problem i am now using winpcsign and no problems with usb ports. the only problem i have with the rabbit hx720 is trying to stop the vinyl form crunching up as it cuts.

Hi, new to this forum but not new to the woes of the HX720 and it being temperamental. I have been using Artcut at work for 5 years on an XP machine and it's been relatively good for cutting decals and easier to use than another more expensive program I have.

Anyway, the other day my work computer decided it doesn't like the drivers that were originally installed and won't recognise the plotter any more or the drivers on the original disk. So I bit the bullet and purchased a new laptop only to find that Windows 7 didnt like the drivers either.
    So many wasted hours of frustration!

The breakthrough IS that I was sent the new drivers last night from the guy I bought the plotter from a few years ago and it now works on my laptop. Aparently the driver is good for other OS's too so I'll give it a shot on my desktop when I get to work this morning and report back.
    So if you're in need of the driver I can help.

Cheers
    Paul

Hi,

I'am new on this forum, i'm from france, sorry for my english.

I've been using my plotter hx 720 for months on windows xp, using the serial port.

Unfortunately, i bought a new pc running windows 7 64bits and it doesn't have serial port. So i would like to use the usb with my plotter but i can't find drivers on the internet.

If you could help me, i would be very please.

Merci

RABBIT

HEY DODGE 69 I HAVE A RABBIT AND NEED THE DRIVER CAN YOU STILL HELP?

Angry HX rabbit cutters

It seems i,m not the only one having problems with these cutters

I have a HX960 the machine willnot remember computer settings ,I have to delete software and reinstall before every use , the cutter willnot import from a printer or scanner

I tried to contact Rabbit they willnot return any emails

I have spent hundreds of dollars on computer experts who all are saying
    it is a internal software problem

I have know taken steps to have the import of all rabbit products banned into Australia and stop the sale in Australia

To supply products in Australia the supplier must have service and product back-up available to the end users

Not happy