587,235 active members*
3,571 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc tipe cut model 0

To all the fanuc tape cut users

I have bought an old Fanuc tape cut model 0 with fanuc 6t cnc control and i powered on to make it run and begin to understand how it works.
    Now the first problem i found is that the recoiler of the used wire is not working (the wire runs but the last recoiler does not turn) and i would like to understand if someone had the same problem or if maybe there is any regulation to make it run.
    Just to inform i turned the potentiometer (on the back) of the speed of the recoiler but nothing happen.
    Everything over this is fine like pumps, wire feed, zero settings and centering.
    Hope to have any suggestion to solve the problem.

Thanks for your replies.

Are you sure about the 6t most of the elox /fanuc wires had a 6m or a 6mb....or a om control....my O is a 1986 with a OM-A control.....my 84 L wire had a 6mb control...............can you post a pic of operator panel

Hi

You maybe are right i wrote 6t just because i know only the 6t.
    What i am sure is that a 6 series.
    Anyway here is posted a couple of pictures of the machine.
    Now today i took a look to the electrical drawings and i checked the relais that gives power to the electric motor, it is the RL4.
    Now pushing on it i saw that the motor is runing fine with also the possibility to make it faster or slower with the speed regulation.
    So at this point the problem is that there is not the 24Volts to exite the relais and this must come from the electronic card in the front panel, (if i do not remember bad is the Discharge card).
    Unfurtunatelly i have no electronic schemes to search what is exactly the relais on the eectronic card.
    Maybe is a problem with a parameter but i checked and they are present.
    I made it run some time the motor forcing the relais exitation and i put the speed regulation near to the speed of the others movements for the wire but anyway the motor began to be hot.
    From what i understand it has not regulation, only the poteniometer on the back because the motor is a AC motor with a variable voltage between 0 and 100V but no other regulations from the electronic boards.
    Maybe i can make it run also with the forced relais.
    Just give me an idea of what can be wrong or inform if you had the same problem and if you solved it.

Thanks for any suggestion

Here are the pictures

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails securedownload.jpeg   securedownload-1.jpeg  

I have the drawings for this machine with a 6m control with dc servo motors. Personaly I have never had a problem with the take up real only the brake tenisioner .....Have you checked the tension on the wire.....is it working ...?

Regarding the tensio i checked pushing the tension button and the wheel with plastic powered on braking.
    I also went to the parameters to change the tesion in grams and efectively the wheel brakes more or less dependng on how much tension give to it.
    Anyway the problem for the recoiler of the wire is not in the motor, as i wrote in the past message but in the card that powers the relais.
    In fact there is not the 24Volts on the exitation pins of the relais 4 that is the one that powers the motor of the recoiler.

I am not sure but it could be a problem with a parameter that changed and does not give the ok to the relais to power.

I will wait any other suggestion.

Thanks

I have a copy of parameters for a model L WIRE with a 6m control if you want a look..............

Hi

Nobody that can helps me? Is it a posibility that somebody tuch the recoiler of his fanuc tape cut to understand if it is normal that it becomes hot?

Thanks

When you open the front door to the controler....on the floor , right side , there are two transformers mounted on the floor they should be 24 volts is this voltage there.....? There should also be some kind of spring tenisioner . make it is loosend up....its inside a little door on backside ....near speed adjustment for take up spool.....

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I will check the two transformers and the voltage but i think that they arenot the problem as the motor for the recoiler is a 100Volt motor.

Anyway on the back side there is a little door with the tension but it is for the uncoiler of the wire not for the recoiler.

There is also the potentiometer for the recoiler to vary the speed of the motor but anyway if i put at the minimum speed anyway the motor increase the temperature.

I was thinking that the motor had somethingsimilar to a clutch but there is nothing, the motor speed changes only with the potentiometer.

Anyway the problem is that there is no voltage on the relais that powers the recoiler motor.
    So when i push the buttom of the wire the uncoiler powers and all the wire goes out because the recoiler does not power on.
    The only way to work is the push the relais and power the motor of the recoiler so the wire can be recoiled but this is not the way to work.

Thanks