588,216 active members*
4,123 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Mori sl-15 with a new code 100 p/s alarm

Mori sl-15 with a new code 100 p/s alarm

Well I am still trying to get the old Mori running and while trying to get more things to operate, I got a 100 p/s alarm. Of course it is not in any book and will not allow me to clear it. Just before it came up, I was having trouble getting the "go" switch to activate mdi commands. I verified that the switch worked in the i/o charts but would not do a thing.

I was wondering if this alarm was a power supply alarm or something but all else was working or at least it did not shut off or anything and started back up with the same alarm. Voltages are fine incoming. Any ideas?

This is which system, in Fanuc it is Program write enable in MDI mode

As mentioned, if you accidentally set the PWE bit, you will get this alarm, look on the status of it on the Setting screen.
    According to your previous posts it is a Fanuc 0C?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks for the fast replies guys and yes this is the 0T-C control. I did find the pwe set to on and turned it off and that cleared that code. Man, I just keep coming up with new ones though. The lastest is the 011 p/s alarm. happened when I hit cycle start out of MDI mode. For some reason, I am unable to get function with cycle start out of MDI mode. I did get turret function though. Sure helps when you know how to work it!!

Ps 11 is Feed rate not commanded. Check the program for feed rate F value

Now I am still working on getting a programming manual on this thing so I can run it but I have only input a spindle command or a turret command. Simple entering M03, S20 or a separated M17, T0100. Just the other day when I entered a spindle command it would at least show up on the load meter even though the spindle is not running yet. Now I do not get anything. I also do not get turret motion out of MDI but I can get it from the console with turret advance. I am hoping this is a simple operator error.

I have the Fanuc operator manual in PDF if you want a copy send me a PM with an email address.
    How come it displayed spindle load if the spindle was not running?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

My only thought it that is it comparing actual rpm to command rpm and the reduced number is expressed in load somehow. I know the drive is not outputing squat. If I command too high of an rpm, it will over load and error with my Al-31 code. That code points directly at my tach sensor in the spindle motor or the cable. As soon as I can actually talk with a Fanuc tech, maybe I can put this to bed. That seems to be my biggest problem right now.

That drive seems damn smart! They have a code for everything so I hope that is all it is because that drive unit ain;t cheap!

Al, just sent you a PM. thanks, mucho appreciated! If you have any other useful info, bring it on.

Check the spindle chuck in clamp and check in in Jog mode, if it is ok tri in Auto or MDI Mode.
    Generaly M6 for Turret & Atc some of the machine builder not even using M code for Turret Just they simply call as T100, T500 like that. Pl. try