587,188 active members*
4,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Looking for CAD Letter/Number templates

Looking for CAD Letter/Number templates

So I did a search and nothing is coming up, google seems to turn up everything except what I want.

I simply want some cad drawings of numbers and letters so I can do simple engraving, I don't want to redraw the letter A, B, C, and 1, 2, 3 in a drawing that I can feed into my cam software.

Does anyone have an idea where I can download a set of number and letter templates? I am using Autocad but it shouldn't matter, DXF, dwg, whatever I can import and use.

Thanks for any help...

engraving letters

My suggestion would be to start with DeskEngrave.. a free program. not sure if it will save to DXF format, or only generate the G-Code for what you want... Either way, it is a free place to start experimenting..

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by b0gh0s
    So I did a search and nothing is coming up, google seems to turn up everything except what I want.

I simply want some cad drawings of numbers and letters so I can do simple engraving, I don't want to redraw the letter A, B, C, and 1, 2, 3 in a drawing that I can feed into my cam software.

Does anyone have an idea where I can download a set of number and letter templates? I am using Autocad but it shouldn't matter, DXF, dwg, whatever I can import and use.

Thanks for any help...

DeskEngrave

OK.. double checked on this, and it WILL save the resulting drawing in a DXF format, which you can then import into your software and use..

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by esmiller
    My suggestion would be to start with DeskEngrave.. a free program. not sure if it will save to DXF format, or only generate the G-Code for what you want... Either way, it is a free place to start experimenting..

Eddie

Much Thanks Eddie, you rock!

You are welcome !

Not a problem. I have gotten a great deal of help from folks here on the board, so i am glad to be able to help someone else for a change

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by b0gh0s
    Much Thanks Eddie, you rock!

You might also try NCPlot. It has a text to G-Code function and is shareware. I've used both and the DeskEngrave Output file is Huge compared to the NCPlot Output

MUCH Appreciated

HEY! Thanks for mentioning that.. have used NCPLOT once or twice, but have never experimented with it.. just used it to check basic g-code files for obvious errors..

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by sgiese
    You might also try NCPlot. It has a text to G-Code function and is shareware. I've used both and the DeskEngrave Output file is Huge compared to the NCPlot Output